Saturday, February 24, 2018

Macklemore/Kesha (1) - February 24, 2017

So we finally have a really good number one song. I hope this song can stay at that spot and keep all the bad songs outta there! This week was actually really good to be honest including our debuts. Here are the exits for this week:

  • Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It? (#41)
  • Niall Horan - Too Much To Ask (#28)

The Countdown:
Last Weeks #1: Charlie Puth - How Long (2)

45. Sam Smith - Too Good At Goodbyes (#45)
44. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry (#44) [1 Week At #1]
43. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (#42) [3 Weeks At #1]
42. Kesha - Praying (#39)
41. Louis Tomlinson - Miss You (#40)
40. Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar (#31)
39. P!nk - What About Us (#43) [1 Week At #1]
38. Shawn Mendes - Theres Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#33) [5 Weeks At #1]
37. Symon - Lonely Girl (#36)
36. Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do (#34)
35. Wolves - Animal (#30)
34. Dua Lipa - New Rules (#23)
33. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl (#37) [4 Weeks At #1]
32. Troye Sivan - My My My! (#35)
31. Justin Timberlake/Chris Stapleton (#38)
30. The Chainsmokers - Sick Boy (DEBUT)
29. All Time Low - Last Young Renegade (#26)
28. The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me (DEBUT)
27. Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft (#21)
26. Camila Cabello - Havana (#27) [1 Week At #1]
25. Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future - End Game (#15) [1 Week At #1]
24. Lauv - I Like Me Better (#16)
23. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still (#24)
22. Bruno Mars/Cardi B - Finesse (#14)
21. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#22) [3 Weeks At #1]
20. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#13)
19. AJR/Rivers Cuomo - Sober Up (#32)
18. Eminem/Ed Sheeran - River (#29)
17. Fall Out Boy - Hold Me Tight Or Don't (#19)
16. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same (#18)
15. Maroon 5 - Wait (#17)
14. G-Eazy/Halsey - Him & I (#25)
13. P!nk - Beautiful Trauma (#11)
12. NF - Let You Down (#10)
11. Bebe Rexha/Florida George Line - Meant To Be (#12)
10. X Ambassadors - Ahead Of Myself (#9)
9. Selena Gomez/Marshmello - Wolves (#6)
8. Walk The Moon - One Foot (#7)
7. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (#20) [...]
6. Ed Sheeran - Perfect (#5) [2 Weeks At #1]
5. Halsey - Bad At Love (#2) [2 Weeks At #1]
4. Hailee Steinfeld/Aleeso/Florida George Line - Let Me Go (#4)
3. Imagine Dragons - Thunder (#3) [5 Weeks At #1]
2. Charlie Puth - How Long (#1) [2 Weeks At #1]
1. Macklemore/Kesha - Good Old Days (#6) [1st Week At #1]

#1 Song One Year Ago: Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (3rd Of 9 Weeks At #1)

Biggest Drop: Dua Lipa - New Rules (-11)

Biggest Jump: *TIE* AJR/Rivers Cuomo - Sober Up & Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (+13)

New Entrants:
- So, I have been enjoying Sick Boy, but I kinda overhyped my opinion. I really like this song, but this is not as good as any of their previous works like Closer, and Something Just Like This. I already went on a rant about them on the last post, but i wish they went back to collaborating with other artists. Those were the songs I really liked a lot. However, I hope Sick Boy does good on the countdown and I like the message the song is bringing. 

- So, I knew this was going to debut the next week it debuted Hit-Bound. I really am enjoying this song, and I am actually going to see Black Panther today as I am writing this. I like what Kendrick Lamar has to give and I am glad that Hits1 did not edit him out. Then again, if they did, this would be a different song. I also listened to the Black Panther album and I really like it. One favorite of mine is All The Stars by Kendrick Lamar with SZA. I don't know if I will do a album review, but if I have more free time then maybe. This song should have some success since it is doing really good. 

Hit-Bound:


  • Portugal. The Man - Live In The Moment
  • Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends (DEBUT)
  • Keala - This Is Me
  • 30 Seconds To Mars - Walk On Water (DEBUT)
  • Post Malone/Ty Dolla $ign - Psycho (DEBUT)
  • Kesha/Dap-Kings Horns - Woman
  • Rudimental/Jess Glynne/Macklemore/Dan Caplen - These Days
  • Welshy Arms - Legendary
  • Khalid - Young Dumb & Broke 
  • Bazzi - Mine (DEBUT)
  • Wild Things - Don't Wanna Feel It 
  • Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes
  • Niall Horan - On The Loose
  • Alan Walker/Noah Cyrus/Digital Farm Animals - All Falls Down
- I thank Hits1 for bringing Marshmello back. I really like this song and Anne-Marie's vocals are nice. Walk On Water I hear all the time on college football for some reason. Psycho is amazing, and I think it is better than Rockstar. Mine is a guilty pleasure of mine and I am not proud about it...

Top 5:
1. Post Malone/Ty Dolla $ign - Psycho 
2. Khalid - Young Dumb & Broke
3. Bazzi - Mine
4. 30 Seconds To Mars - Walk On Water
5. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes

Blurbs:

- One of our exits will be missed and the other will not. Even though ...Ready For It? is in blue, I will remember this song and will most likely grow back into the song. Niall Horan needs to find something that is actually good. On The Loose is actually worse than this though. 

- I am very surprised Theres Nothing Holdin' Me Back is still on the countdown, but that is one of Hits1's favorite songs so I am not surprised. I will never grow back into this song and I don't even know why I even liked this song in the start. I never really liked Shawn Mendes in the first place, but I did kinda like Mercy and "Betta Than He Can!" was actually trash. 

- So... out of all the songs that debuted last week, of course AJR's song had to jump the most. Who actually likes AJR. Who even is a AJR fan... probably a few people though. I am still waiting for an AJR song that is actually good, but that day will never come...

- So were letting a Stay rip-off jump into the top 10. Seriously? Zedd's lazy production made this song in red, and Maren Morris ain't saving this song. I don't even know why Grey is credited, cause I don't know what he does, so someone can tell me. 

- Thank you for Good Old Days for dethroning a terrible song. I kinda want this to stay since this is the best song in the top 5 actually. I am also surprised that Let Me Go has not hit #1 yet...


Top 20 Review:

0:Crap
20. Charlie Puth - How Long
19. AJR/Rivers Cuomo - Sober Up

1:Bad
18. Maroon 5 - Wait
17. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle
16. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low

2:Meh
None!

3:Decent
15. P!nk - Beautiful Trauma

4:Good
14. Halsey - Bad At Love

5:Great
13. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same
12. X Ambassadors - Ahead Of Myself
11. Walk The Moon - One Foot
10. Fall Out Boy - Hold Me Tight Or Don't
9. Imagine Dragons - Thunder
8. Ed Sheeran - Perfect
7. Hailee Steinfeld/Aleeso/Florida George Line - Let Me Go 
6. Macklemore/Kesha - Good Old Days
5. Bebe Rexha/Florida George Line - Meant To Be
4. Selena Gomez/Marshmello - Wolves
3. NF - Let You Down
2. G-Eazy/Halsey - Him & I
1. Eminem/Ed Sheeran - River

Score: 75/100

#1 Recommendation: Migos - Stir Fry

Top 5:
1. The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me
2. Bruno Mars/Cardi B - Finesse
3. Eminem/Ed Sheeran - River
4. G-Eazy/Halsey - Him & I
5. The Chainsmokers - Sick Boy

Bottom 5:
1. Charlie Puth - How Long
2. AJR/Rivers Cuomo - Sober Up
3. Shawn Mendes - Theres Nothing Holdin' Me Back
4. Maroon 5 - Wait
5. Dua Lipa - New Rules


3 comments: