Saturday, February 10, 2018

Charlie Puth (1) - February 10, 2018

I am going to try to do this by my self for now on. I think that I have been caught up with everything except for the year-end stuff, which I can do anytime this month. I am also removing dark purple cause I actually don't see the point with the top 45 in place. I am also adding a score for the top 45. So, I guess I'll say welcome back me and I am officially going to do the countdowns myself! There are no exits, so lets get on with the countdown!


The Countdown:
#1 Song Last Week: Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future - End Game

45. Charlie Puth - Attention (#45) [1 Week At #1]
44. Sam Smith - Too Good At Goodbyes (#43)
43. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry (#44) [1 Week At #1]
42. The Shawdowboxers - Hot Damn (#40)
41. P!nk - What About Us (#41) [1 Week At #1]
40. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (#36) [3 Weeks At #1]
39. Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It? (#42)
38. Louis Tomlinson - Miss You (#34)
37. Kesha - Praying (#37)
36. Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do (#33)
35. Symon - Lonely Girl (#39)
34. Wolves - Animal (#38)
33. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl (#31) [4 Weeks At #1]
32. Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar (#26)
31. Niall Horan - Too Much To Ask (#27)
30. Camila Cabello - Havana (#28) [1 Week At #1]
29. Shawn Mendes - Theres Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#29) [5 Weeks At #1]
28. Justin Timberlake - Filthy (#30)
27. Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft (#13)
26. Dua Lipa - New Rules (#18)
25. All Time Low - Last Young Renegade (#35)
24. Eminem/Ed Sheeran - River (#12)
23. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still (#23)
22. G-Eazy/Halsey - Him & I (#20)
21. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#19) [3 Weeks At #1]
20. Bruno Mars/Cardi B - Finesse (#22)
19. Maroon 5 - Wait
18. NF - Let You Down
17. Fall Out Boy - Hold Me Tight Or Don't (#21)
16. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (#32)
15. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#17)
14. Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future - End Game (#1) [1 Week At #1]
13. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same (#16)
12. Bebe Rexha/Florida George Line - Meant To Be (#11)
11. Lauv - I Like Me Better (#14)
10. P!nk - Beautiful Trauma (#15)
9. Macklemore/Kesha - Good Old Days (#7)
8. X Ambassadors - Ahead Of Myself (#8)
7. Selena Gomez/Marshmello - Wolves (#3)
6. Walk The Moon - One Foot (#6)
5. Halsey - Bad At Love (#10) [2 Weeks At #1]
4. Ed Sheeran - Perfect (#4) [2 Weeks At #1]
3. Hailee Steinfeld/Aleeso/Florida George Line - Let Me Go (#5)
2. Imagine Dragons - Thunder (#2) [5 Weeks At #1]
1. Charlie Puth - How Long (#9) [1st Week At #1]

#1 Song One Year Ago: Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (1st Of 9 Weeks At #1)

Biggest Drop: Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft (-14)

Biggest Jump: Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (+16)


New Entrants:

None...


Hitbound:


  • Welshy Arms - Legendary
  • Kesha/Dap-Kings Horns - Woman
  • Post Malone - I Fall Apart
  • The Chainsmokers - Sick Boy
  • Troye Sivan - My My My!
  • Alan Walker/Noah Cyrus/Digital Farm Animals - All Falls Down
  • Wild Things - Don't Wanna Feel It
  • Spencer - Whatever
  • Portugal. The Man - Live In The Moment
  • Khalid - Young Dumb & Broke (DEBUT)
  • Kaela Settle - This Is Me (DEBUT)
  • Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes 
  • AJR/Rivers Cuomo - Sober Up
  • Clean Bandit/Julia Michaels - I Miss You
- After a very long time, Hits1 picks up on of the most underrated artists of 2017. I loved Location, but I think this is better. I can't really explain why this is so good for some reason... more on it when it debuts maybe. 

- Why the hell are we bringing songs from The Greatest Showman. Yeah, the vocals are fine, but everything else is atrocious. The transitioning to those high pitch vocals are all really bad. This is just disappointing.

Top 5:
1. The Chainsmokers - Sick Boy
2. Khaild - Young Dumb & Broke
3. Kesha/Dap-Kings Horns - Woman
4. Post Malone - I Fall Apart
5. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes


Blurbs:
- No exits...

- I am still happy that Sorry Not Sorry and What Lovers Do is still on here. They are very good songs that will be favorites of mine from 2017. But we still have Theres Nothing Holdin' Me Back and Galway Girl. Trash...

- I am very surprised that Rockstar got so high up on the countdown. Especially when you don't even cut out 21 Savage, but you cut out Quavo and Lil Wayne from I'm The One. They don't even bother putting any Kendrick Lamar singles, and rap songs that are really popular. 

- I have been really liking Finesse a lot, and I am very happy that Hits1 did not cut out Cardi B. In my opinion, her part is better than Bruno Mars'. I hope this can get to the top 10, or even the top 5. 

- And The Middle jumps. That is great. I am not going to listen to Zedd if he comes out with another song that is a Stay 3.0 and I think he probably will sadly. Just go back to when you made Stay The Night, or Clarity.

- End Game drops really hard from #1. I really still like this song a lot. And I think this is better than ...Ready For It?. That being said,if this can hit #1, then why didn't Look What You Made Me Do hit #1, when it debuted at #13! Hits1 logic...

- How is Beautiful Trauma, Ahead Of Myself, and On Foot in the top 10. I'm not complaining about two of them, but one of them should not be here on its 3rd week I think. 

- And hitting #1 is a very plain and bland song. Charlie Puth's music was never that amazing in the first place. His best song yet is See You Again, which is in my opinion the best song of 2015 and a contender for being the best of the decade. Everything else was decent I guess. Charlie Puth, I hope that you can bring some excitement in your songs. 

Top 45:

1. Finesse [1st Week At #1]
2. River
3. End Game [2 Weeks At #1]
4. Him & I
5. Let You Down 
6. Rockstar [3 Weeks At #1]
7. What Lovers Do
8. Sorry Not Sorry
9. Wolves
10. Good Old Days
11. Praying [3 Weeks At #1 in 2017]
12. Let Me Go 
13. Perfect
14. Thunder
15. Hold Me Tight Or Don't 
16. One Foot
17. Believer
18. Ahead Of Myself
19. Never Be The Same
20. Animal
21. Too Good At Goodbyes
22. ...Ready For It?
23. Filthy
24. Miss You
25. Lonely Girl
26. Bad At Love
27. What About Us
28. Meant To Be
29. Slow Hands
30. Havana
31. Beautiful Trauma 
32. Feel It Still
33. Last Young Renegade
34. Attention
35. Galway Girl
36. I Like Me Better
37. New Rules
38. The Middle
39. Lights Down Low
40. Too Much To Ask
41. Love So Soft
42. Wait
43. Theres Nothing Holdin' Me Back
44. Hot Damn
45. How Long

Score: 162/225 (72%)


#1 Recommendations For Hits1:
  • Kendrick Lamar/The Weeknd - Pray For Me
  • Kendrick Lamar/SZA - All The Stars
  • Drake - Gods Plan
Favorite Song One Year Ago: Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You


Top 5:
1. Bruno Mars/Cardi B - Finesse
2. Eminem/Ed Sheeran - River
3. Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future - End Game
4. G-Eazy/Halsey - Him & I
5. NF - Let You Down

Bottom 5:
1. Charlie Puth - How Long
2. The Shawdowboxers - Hot Damn
3. Shawn Mendes - Theres Nothing Holdin' Me Back
4. Maroon 5 - Wait
5. Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft



 





6 comments:

  1. I bet you had extra motivation because of our new #1.

    Also, you are right. Why do we let soundtrack singles from The Greatest Showman come on here, but not For You for the Fifty Fucking Shades Freed movie soundtrack??? It has Liam Payne for fuck's sake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! *says it sarcastically*

      I just heard For You and it is alright. Not as good as Capital Letters but at least better than that trash from The Greatest Showman.

      Delete
    2. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      No one could have EVER BEEN MORE ACCURATE

      Delete
    3. Gelography, please tone it down a little.

      Delete
  2. Hate to break you into it but Pray for Me is already on Hits 1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #1 Recommendations for Hits1:
    Mathy Pillai - Love Yourself
    LIVVIA/Quavo - Catch a Body
    Arlissa & Jonas Blue - Hearts Ain't Gonna Lie

    ReplyDelete