Monday, February 5, 2018

So... Super Bowl LII

Background
- If you already did not know, I am a Patriots fan, and I have been one since I first knew about the team. In my opinion and pretty much everyone else's at my school, Tom Brady is the GOAT (Greatest Of All Time). And I am not saying that because he plays for the New England Patriots. I am saying that because he can do a lot of amazing things. He can turn the score around when there is only 2 minutes left. I think you can already think of an example of him doing that. That's right, Super Bowl LI (51). Down 28-3, Brady wasn't ready to call it quits. He motivated himself and his other teammates. And just like that, The Patriots and Falcons are in overtime. James White scores the touchdown and the game is over. Keep in mind, Rob Gronkowski was not playing. That was Brady's best target. The GOAT doesn't always mean that you have to win all the time. You can lose and still become the GOAT if you prove yourself. When your receiver is injured an you make the best comeback in super bowl history, that is GOAT type. All I wanted you to get from this is what my perspective is from Super Bowl LII (52). 

The Super Bowl LII
- So, as most of you know, the New England Patriots lost to the Philadelphia Eagles 41-33. Well, let me just say that the Eagles did not deserve to win that game. Now, I know I am just complaining about this and making excuses, but say that your favorite team that you love and respect lost to another team that got the favored calls. So let me express my point as in my the Patriots deserved to win this game. Here are some of my points

Patriots Deffense
- Now this is the only excuse that is not toward the Eagles, but this one was the most important one. The defense was definitely not playing at their best level, I will admit. The only thing that was weirs was this. Why was Malcolm Butler benched. Remind me what he did at the last moment in Super Bowl XLIX (49). He freaking intercepted the football, and I still don't get why didn't Russell Wilson run the football. Anyways, Too many open looks at 3rd down, and they had so many tried tackles at Nick Foles (QB), but they failed. Overall, the defense was just pretty sloppy. Although the Defense was very important, there were also other points that changed the game

The Two Eagles Touchdowns That Were Under Review
- this was also very important. These two touchdowns were very contreversial. 

Controversial Touchdown #1: Corey Clement (RB) 22 Yd Pass from Nick Foles (QB)

- As you can see from the link above that is the touchdown. As soon as he catches it, he takes a step, which is still considered as him being a receiver. Then he starts to lose control and steps out of bounds with his left foot. This is considered incomplete. When you start to lose control, if you step out of bounds, then that is considered incomplete. He did not not enough steps when he had control of the football.

Controversial Touchdown #2: Zach Ertz (TE) 11Yd Pass from Nick Foles (QB)

- This one seems like a touchdown, but there was a situation similar to this where it was overturned. I was expecting this to overruled, but I was surprised. They said that he was a "runner", but he took only 2 steps. That does not mean he was a "runner".

The "Under Dogs"
- Lets be honest, when underdogs go this far they rarely lose. I mean they are some occasions where they lose like Super Bowl XLIX (49) when the Seahawks were considered underdogs. I mean Nick Foles (QB) was probably practicing so hard. I don't know what else to say. 


Okay I am done with my rant. There is just one more thing I want to review...



Halftime Show featuring Justin Timberlake
- I'll be honest, some people may not agree with me on the rant above, but a lot can agree with the Halftime Performance. This Halftime Show was crap. I have no idea what he was doing. Each song he sang was literally for like thirty seconds and he already had controversy over his last Super Bowl Halftime Show, Super Bowl XXXVIII (38), in 2004, which by the way the New England Patriots won that Super Bowl against the Carolina Panthers (Score was 32-29). Also, that performance tributing Prince was really bad. The transitions looked like a 5 year-old did them and the whole performance just looked lazy. And I will say this. These Halftime Performances are becoming worse and worse. I will rate the last 5 of them to show my opinion on the past too. 

  • Super Bowl XLVIII (48) featuring Bruno Mars - 7.5/10
  • Super Bowl XLIX (49) featuring Katy Perry - 8.5/10 (would've been 8, but those sharks though :P)
  • Super Bowl L (50) featuring Coldplay/Bruno Mars/Beyonce - 9.5/10
  • Super Bowl LI (51) featuring Lady Gaga - 3/10
  • Super Bowl LII (52) featuring Justin Timberlake - 0/10
So, thats all for the Super Bowl review. I pretty much explained everything that I wanted to say. My Weekend Countdown post will be out tomorrow, so be on the look out for that. 









Have a Nice Day!
- A New England Patriots Fan 



No comments:

Post a Comment