Thursday, October 12, 2017

1K Pageviews Special: Throwback Countdown

Hey Guys! First off, I would like to say thanks for 1000 pageviews! This might not seen a lot at first, but it's a start. Dont expect to get 1 million pageviews in one day because its not going to happen. Take your time, and don't rush posts to get more pageviews, you just get less. 

Instead of doing a Q&A (since my audience is too little), I decided to do something, so that you get to know what old music I liked (Old meaning 2014-2016). I am going to review a older Weekend Coutdown (from 2014-2016). So I went to the random number generator and put from 1 to 156 and got 29. This meens its Week 29, July 26, 2014 [Sam Smith (1)]

So, here it is. Just as a note I will be using the Color Code (Overall) which you can find at the right sidebar.

NOTE: Some songs I have not heard so, I have to listen to them only once I will put up a disclaimer showing the one-listener songs.



Exits:


  • Jennifer Lopez - First Love*
  • Imagine Dragons - Demons (x2)
  • Olly Murs - Dance with Me Tonight (x2)*
  • One Direction - You And I**

The Countdown:

45. Cher Lloyd - Sirens (RE-ENTRY)*
44. Neon Trees - Sleeping With A Friend*
43. Katy Perry - Birthday**
42. Oh Honey - Be Okay*
41. Sia - Chandelier
40. Fall Out Boy - Alone Together*
39. Meghan Trainor - All About That Bass (DEBUT)
38. Jason Derulo - Talk Dirty
37. Madden Brothers - We Are Done (DEBUT)*
36. John Legend - All Of Me
35. X Ambassadors/Jamie N Commons - Jungle (DEBUT)**
34. Halsey - Ghost*
33. AJR - I'm Ready*
32. Capital Cities - One Minute More*
31. Justin Timberlake - Not A Bad Thing*
30. OneRepublic - Counting Stars
29. Tiesto/Wasted Koma - Wasted*
28. Bastille - Pompeii
27. Chromeo - Jealous (I Ain't With It)*
26. Ingrid Michaelson - Girls Chase Boy**
25. Pharrell/Miley Cyrus - Come Get It Bae*
24. Rita Ora - I Will Never Let You Down*
23. Kim Cesarion - Undressed*
22. Coldplay - A Sky Full Of Stars**
21. Disclosure/Sam Smith - Latch**
20. The Summer Set - Lightning In A Bottle*
19. Clean Bandit/Jess Glynne - Rather Be**
18. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Amnesia
17. Imagine Dragons - On Top Of The World
16. Ariana Grande - Problem
15. Rixton - Me And My Broken Heart**
14. Demi Lovato/Cher Lloyd - Really Don't Care*
13. Charlie XCX - Boom Clap
12. Maroon 5 - Maps
11. Calvin Harris - Summer
10. Bleachers - I Wanna Get Better*
9. Ed Sheeran - Sing
8. Fall Out Boy - Young Volcanos*
7. Nico And Vinz - Am I Wrong**
6. 5 Seconds Of Summer - She Looks So Perfect
5. Magic! - Rude
4. OneRepublic - Love Runs Out*
3. Iggy Azalea/Charli XCX - Fancy
2. Kongos - Come With Me Now**
1. Sam Smith - Stay With Me

*Means I never heard and are first listen opinions

**Means I forgot the song but remembered after I listened to it again

No Asterisk means I know the song very well

When I Met You In The Blurbs:

- Cher Lloyd is amazing. When I saw Sirens, I knew it was going to be good, and I was right. 

- I remember those days when Katy Perry made good music, and wasn't promoting it as much as now. That was the good Katy Perry.

- I have not heard most of these guys...

- This year was Fall Out Boys year. Sadly, some songs are bad like Alone Together. Just don't like the vocals

- Meghan Trainor can NEVER make good music. I mean yeah, decent but NOT good. All About That Bass is kinda annoying, her voice is just SO bad. Her best song yet is... I guess Like I'm Gonna Lose You, but that was John Legend, and HE saved the song

- Saying "Done" many times, and emphasizing "We Are Done" is not going to make the song better...

- And we have the old John. Love it. His voice is just amazing especially in the chorus. Can we have this John Legend in his next song.

- Another X Ambassadors song. This one is pretty good, its just that the vocals can be a little bit better

- Now this Ghost is MUCH better than Ella Henderson's Ghost. One of Halsey's best songs. This is as good as Now Or Never

- Um... Is this even a song? There are so many things wrong with this song on so many levels. First off, it's AJR. I'm Not Famous, BAD, Weak, BAD, I'm Ready, BAD. Second, It is so infuriating when I have to hear "I'm Ready". Third, what are those lyrics? Are they even singing? There are so many questions I have for this song, and there all related to the song being bad.

- I remember Tiesto a litle bit. I just recognized his name. This song is pretty good, and I like the vocals and chorus a lot.

- Bastille has gone down after they made Pompeii. Good Grief was pretty bad. I don't these guys will have another hit.

- That chorus is amazing in Jealous (I Ain't With It)

- Oh My God! I did not realize that Girls Chase Boys was that song! Anyways, I remember I got sick of that song, but it got a little bit better. 

- #25 has bad vocals, #24 (this is a 1/5) has a bad drop, and #23 has a guy singing in a horrible high pitch. I think that sums up those three songs...

- I love Coldplay! Probably my favorite band. I pretty much forgot this songs name. I really should have known. The drop is really good. I don't think this is as good as Hymn For The Weekend, but it is a very good song

- Disclosure is AMAZING with the EDM in this song. Sam Smith is once again, amazing with his vocals in this song. 

- What happened with The Summer Set? I would expect them to be better in the earlier years. Firgue Me Out was SO much better than this. The voice is kinda ruining the song. 

- OMG!! Why do I forget these awesome songs. This is a little bit better than Symphony. The background music is just so good. 

- Besides Fall Out Boy, Imagine Dragons dominated 2013-2014, with Radioactive, Demons, and On Top Of The World. These three songs are much better than Believer, and Thunder

- Ariana Grande when she was part of Nickelodeon was Much better than her right now...

- Demi + Cher Lloyd = Awesome!!. Now I really don't know if Cool For The Summer is Demi's best song, because this might take the #1 spot. 

- Old Maroon 5 > Adam Levine's New Maroon 5's band

- Calvin Harris was SO good from 2012-2014. This song is the best song of 2014. That may seem too much, but there are reasons. The DROP is amazing. The build up to the drop is amazing. Calvin's vocals are really good in the song. Overall, everything about this song is really good. The newer Calvin is pretty bad. This Is What You Came For is really bad, Slide and Feels are not amazing and are nothing compared to Summer. Calvin Harris, come back!!

- Never heard of Bleachers, but their only decent. 

- Nico And Vinz are really only known for this amazing song. I Wanna Know failed to debut the countdown, but this went further. The vocals are the best part.

- 5 Seconds of Summer's best song yet! Love the vocals, and the chorus is the best part. Were not seeing to much from these guys. Hopefully they can come up with something that is like this song

- A lot of people hate this song, but i'm fine with this. Magic! is going to be a one-hit wonder, but most people don't realize. The vocals are fine in this song, and the chorus is great. His songs after this were pretty bad (i'm talking to you Red Dress). 

- OneRepublic are not going to get as popular as they were before. This is definitely not their best, or top 10, but it is solid. 

- Ahhh, I remember those times, when people kept on singing this song in my school. People still do it as of right now! This pretty much never gets old, and I understand that people got sick of it, but at that time, I wasn't into music as much (Which is why there are so many one-listener songs on here). Charli XCX, AND Iggy Azalea's best song to date.

- This I have heard in a lot of commercials, which is why I recognized it immediately. Not amazing, but great

- Finally, after all these blurbs, we have the #1 song. Sam Smith's peak was this time. Sam's best song definitely, and it definitely has competition (La La La). Don't know which is better, but for now it's this song. Deserves the #1 spot for sure.  

Thoughts on 2014: 2014 was a amazing year! The music I listened to would be expected. A lot of my blurbs said that the drop of the song was amazing. 2014 definitely has the best drops of the year. Comparing to other years, MUCH better than 2016. Don't know about 2015 and 2017 but not as good as 2012, and 2010. 

I will now rankdown each song from my favorite to least favorite:

1. Calvin Harris - Summer
2. Demi Lovato/Cher Lloyd - Really Don't Care
3. Disclosure/Sam Smith - Latch
4. Nico And Vinz - Am I Wrong
5. 5 Seconds Of Summer - She Looks So Perfect
6. John Legend - All Of Me
7. OneRepublic - Counting Stars
8. Coldplay - A Sky Full Of Stars
9. Sia - Chandelier
10. Halsey - Ghost
11. Katy Perry - Birthday
12. Imagine Dragons - On Top Of The World
13. Ariana Grande - Problem
14. Cher Lloyd - Sirens
15. Sam Smith - Stay With Me
16. Charli XCX/Iggy Azalea - Fancy
17. Clean Bandit/Jess Glynne - Rather Be
18. Maroon 5 - Maps
19. Charli XCX - Boom Clap
20. Bastille - Pompeii
21. Tiesto/Wasted Koma - Wasted
22. Ed Sheeran - Sing
23. Magic! - Rude
24. Rixton - Me And My Broken Heart
25. Chromeo - Jealous (I Ain't With It)
26. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Amnesia
27. Kongos - Come With Me Now
28. OneRepublic - Love Runs Out
29. X Ambassadors/Jamie N Common - Jungle
30. The Summer Set - Lightning In A Bottle
31. Fall Out Boy - Young Volcanoes
32. Oh Honey - Be Okay
33. Jason Derulo - Talk Dirty
34. Bleachers - I Wanna Get Better
35. Justin Timberlake - Not A Bad Thing
36. Ingrid Michaelson - Girls Chase Boys
37. Neon Trees - Sleeping With A Friend
38. Meghan Trainor - All About That Bass
39. Capital Cities - One More Minute
40. Fall Out Boy - Alone Together
41. Rita Ora - I Will Never Let You Down 
42. Pharrell/Miley Cyrus - Come Get It Bae
43. Madden Brothers - We Are Done
44. Kim Cesarion - Undressed
45. AJR - I'm Ready

Total Countdown Score (2014): 179/225 (79.56%)
Total Countdown Score (Today) [10/7/17]: 178/225 (79.11%) [wow]

I hope you enjoy my 1K Pageview special! I probably won't do a special until 10K. 

see ya on the next countdown...

1 comment:

  1. Wow, awesome post! I agree with you on most of the good songs. In my opinion, 2014 was the best year in music in the last few years by far. Just look at all those greens!

    ReplyDelete