Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Charlie Puth (2) - February 17, 2018

Hello! Same #1... I am disappointed, but it is kinda expected. I really don't know what else to say so here are the exits.


  • Charlie Puth - Attention (#45) [1 Week At #1]
  • The Shwdowboxers - Hot Damn (#42)
  • Justin Timberlake - Filthy (#28)
The Countdown:
Last Weeks #1: Charlie Puth - How Long (1)

45. Sam Smith - Too Good At Goodbyes (#44)
44. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry (#43) [1 Week At #1]
43. P!nk - What About Us (#41) [1 Week At #1]
42. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (#40) [3 Weeks At #1]
41. Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It? (#39)
40. Louis Tomlinson - Miss You (#38) 
39. Kesha - Praying (#37)
38. Justin Timberlake/Chris Stapleton - Say Something (DEBUT)
37. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl (#33) [4 Weeks At #1]
36. Symon - Lonely Girl (#35)
35. Troye Sivan - My My My! (DEBUT)
34. Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do (#36)
33. Shawn Mendes - Theres Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#29) [5 Weeks At #1]
32. AJR/Rivers Cuomo - Sober Up (DEBUT)
31. Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar (#32)
30. Wolves - Animal (#34)
29. Eminem/Ed Sheeran - River (#24)
28. Niall Horan - Too Much To Ask (#31)
27. Camila Cabello - Havana (#30) [1 Week At #1]
26. All Time Low - Last Young Renegade (#25)
25. G-Eazy/Halsey - Him & I (#22)
24. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still (#23)
23. Dua Lipa - New Rules (#26)
22. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#22) [3 Weeks At #1]
21. Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft (#27)
20. Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle (#16)
19. Fall Out Boy - Hold Me Tight Or Don't (#17)
18. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same (#13)
17. Maroon 5 - Wait (#19) 
16. Lauv - I Like Me Better (#11)
15. Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future - End Game (#14) [1 Week At #1]
14. Bruno Mars/Cardi B - Finesse (#20) 
13. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#15)
12. Bebe Rexha/Florida George Line - Meant To Be (#12) [I am serious]
11. P!nk - Beautiful Trauma (#10)
10. NF - Let You Down (#18)
9. X Ambassadors - Ahead Of Myself (#8)
8. Macklemore/Kesha - Good Old Days (#9)
7. Walk The Moon - One Foot (#6)
6. Selena Gomez/Marshmello - Wolves (#7)
5. Ed Sheeran - Perfect (#4) [2 Weeks At #1]
4. Hailee Steinfeld/Aleeso/Florida George Line - Let Me Go (#3) 
3. Imagine Draogns - Thunder (#2) [5 Weeks At #1]
2. Halsey - Bad At Love (#5) [2 Weeks At #1]
1. Charlie Puth - How Long (#1) [2nd Stupid Week At #1]

#1 Song One Year Ago: Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (2nd Of 9 Weeks At #1)

Biggest Drop: TIE between Eminem/Ed Sheeran - River, Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same, & Lauv - I Like Me Better (-5)

Biggest Jump: NF - Let You Down (+8)


New Entrants:
- I'll be honest, Filthy has been fading on me recently partially because of his halftime show. I really like Say Something and I think it is better than Filthy. I do not plan to listen to his recent album, since I might do a review on the Black Panther Album. Say Something will probably do better than Filthy on the Weeknd Countdown, and most likely the Billboard Hot 100. 

- The last song I heard from Troye Sivan was Youth, and I thought it was only decent. This is also decent, but I will say that Youth is better than this. I just have a problem with the "oh my my my!" part. Other than that, I guess it is ok. This is most likely going to fade on me, but I guess I don't care if this is as successful as Youth, Weekend Countdown wise. 

- Finally, we have more AJR... great. These guys honestly should just retire or something that has to do with not making bad music anymore. Their vocals are so bad and the "hello hello" part is really awkward. I do not want to talk about these guys anymore and I don't know who Rivers Cuomo is, but I feel bad for him falling into the AJR bait.


Hitbound:


  • Kesha/Dap-Kings Horns - Woman
  • Alan Walker/Noah Cyrus/Digital Farm Animals - All Falls Down
  • Welshy Arms - Legendary
  • Niall Horan - On The Loose (DEBUT)
  • Khalid - Young Dumb, & Broke
  • Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes 
  • Clean Bandit/Julia Michaels - I Miss You 
  • Wild Things - Don't Wanna Feel It 
  • The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me (DEBUT)
  • Spencer - Whatever
  • Keala Settle - This Is Me
  • Post Malone - I Fall Apart
  • Rudimental/Macklemore/Jess Glynne/Dan Caplen - These Days (DEBUT)
  • Portugal. The Man - Live In The Moment 
- I got to give it to Niall Horan for actually trying something new, unlike the other One Direction members, but this is actually worse. Just like Love On The Brain, his approach is just not that good. But, I like how he is trying something new. 

- I LOVE THIS SONG! I am so glad that they did not edit Kendrick Lamar out. So far, my favorite song of 2018 and this is partially why I listened to the Plack Panther album. A lot more when it debuts...

- I don't know what to say on These Days other than Dan Caplen's vocals are really good and the drop is cool I guess. 

- So... Sick Boy left. If I'm being honest, The Chainsmokers have been disappointing me. As a big fan of them, I expected more from them. I kind overreacted on Sick Boy. It's good, but not top 10 Chainsmokers song all time. Then they released You Owe Me. Really not that good. Honestly, now that I think about it, I really loved them when they had a collaboration. And I know your going to say, "What about Paris". That was technically a collaboration with Emily Warren, but they did not credit her for some odd reason. All I am trying to say is that if they keep this up, then they will end up like Luis Fonsi, who will never get another hit EVER again.

Top 5:
1. The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me
2. Khalid - Young Dumb, & Broke
3. Post Malone - I Fall Apart
4. Kesha/Dap-Kings Horns - Woman
5. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes



Blurbs:

- I don't really care about the exits so lets move on...

- Just because ...Ready For It? and Too God At Goodbyes are in blue, that doesn't mean I will not like them again. They are just fading on me and I will eventually grow back into them later on. 

- Now lets talk Meant To Be. I have been really enjoying this song recently. Florida George Line's vocals have been really growing on me, and I like the last part of the song. This song will most likely stay in green unless I put it in dark blue. 

- Our top 10 is perfect except for the top 2 songs. One is fading on me and the other is just flat out terrible and I don't want to see this song hit #1 for the third time. 

- Sorry for the lack of blurbs...


Top 45:

1. Finesse
2. River
3. Him & I
4. End Game
5. Let You Down
6. Rockstar
7. What Lovers Do
8. Sorry Not Sorry
9. Wolves
10. Good Old Days
11. Let Me Go
12. Praying
13. Perfect
14. Meant To Be
15. Hold Me Tight Or Don't 
16. Thunder
17. One Foot
18. Ahead Of Myself
19. Believer
20. Say Something
21. Never Be The Same
22. Animal
22. ...Ready For It?
24. Too Good At Goodbyes
25. Miss You
26. Lonely Girl 
27. Bad At Love
28. What About Us
29. Slow Hands
30. Havana
31. Beautiful Trauma
32. Feel It Still
33. My My My!
34. Last Young Renegade

35. Galway Girl
36. I Like Me Better
37. New Rules
38. The Middle

39. Lights Down Low
40. Too Much To Ask
41. Love So Soft
42. Wait
43. Sober Up
44. Theres Nothing Holdin' Me Back

45. How Long


#1 Recommendation: Drake - Gods Plan

Favorite Song One Year Ago: Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You

Bye!












1 comment: