Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Post Malone (3) - November 11, 2017 (Billboard)

Hey! This is my first billboard post! Now I don't know all the billboard songs, so I decided to do a top 40! I might increase it later, but for now, 40! Anyways, lets get on it! Here are the exits. 

NOTE: TW means "today's week", and LW means "last week"

  • Blackbear - Do Re Mi (#40, TW-41)
  • Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road (#39, TW-42)
The Countdown:
Last Weeks #1: Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar (2)

40. Lil Uzi Vert - XO Tour Lif3 (#36)
39. Post Malone/Quavo - Congratulations (#34)
38. Kendrick Lamar - Humble. (#35) [1 Week]
37. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This (#37)
36. Luke Combs - When It Rains It Pours (#33)
35. DJ Khaled/Rihanna/Bryson Tiller - Wild Thoughts (#31)
34. Dua Lipa - New Rules (#38)
33. Kane Brown/Lauren Alaina - What Ifs (#26)
32. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (#30) [1 Week]
31. Halsey - Bad At Love (#32)
30. G-Eazy/A$AP  Rocky/Cardi B - No Limit (DEBUT, LW-42)
29. Kesha - Praying (#28)
28. Post Malone - I Fall Apart (#29)
27. Shawn Mendes - Theres Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#23)
26. Khalid - Young Dumb & Broke (#25)
25. Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do (#10) [3 Weeks]
24. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (#24)
23. Liam Payne - Strip That Down (#21)
22. P!nk - What About Us (#13)
21. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (#22) [12 Weeks]
20. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#14)
19. Yo Gotti/Nicki Minaj - Rake It Up (#17)
18. Gucci Mane/Migos - I Get The Bag (#11)
17. Luis Fonsi/Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito (#15) [16 Weeks]
16. Charlie Puth - Attention (#12)
15. 21 Savage - Bank Account (#16)
14. Lil Pump - Gucci Gang (#27)
13. Taylor Swift - Gorgeous (DEBUT)
12. Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do (#19)
11. French Montana/Swae Lee - Unforgettable (#9)
10. Ed Sheeran - Perfect (#18)
9. Sam Smith - Too Good At Goodbyes (#8)
8. J Balvin/Willy William/Beyonce - Mi Gente (#6)
7. Camila Cabello/Young Thug - Havana (#20)
6. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry (#7)
5. Imagine Dragons - Thunder (#5)
4. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still (#4)
3. Logic/Aleesia Cara/Khalid - Suicide Hotline (#3)
2. Cardi B - Bodak Yellow (#2) [3 Weeks]
1. Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar (#1) [3rd Week]

#1 Song One Year Ago: The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (11th Of 12 Week)

Streaming Gainer: Lil Pump - Gucci Gang (#14)

Digital Gainer: Camila Cabello/Young Thug - Havana (#7)

Airplay Gainer: Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still (#4)

Entrants:

- G-Eazy is back and bringing two other people. As of right now, I am really enjoying this song. I like the part where it goes, "hit it one time...hit it two time". A$AP Rocky and Cardi B do a really nice job with this song too. I hope this can be more successful. 

- Taylor Swift! I am going to be honest. This song SEEMS like she put no effort. That doesn't mean its bad. Her romantic voice is not in here. I am kinda disappointed. I do have high hopes for her album. Its definitely going to blow up. Now, this song is really good with the beat being the best part. This is no where near as good as ...Ready For It? which says a lot. Taylor Swift has really lost her momentum. I hope she doesn't become the next Katy Perry.

Blurb With Me And Get Some Money:

- Do Not be surprised with the ratings of certain hip-hop songs. I am exposed to the genre everyday, whether it be by school, or on spotify. There are some songs that I really don't like, which I will get to. 

- This is definitely a rare occasion. Yes, I like What Ifs. Why? The build-up is just so strong I love their voices. Both sound really good together. Overall, I am really surprised I really like this song. 

- So, out of the three Post Malone songs, one is bad. I Fall Apart is too bland. Really expected when you hear the first 15 seconds of the song. The other two are nice because they have Quavo and 21 Savage, who sound good with Post Malone.

- Nicki, WHY? Again, she ruins this one too. First You Already Know, now this? I mean both sound pretty mediocre, but overall Minaj sounds worse. 

- I like Bad And Bougee, but Migos could have done better in this song. Gucci Mane sounds terrible, and the beginning is definitely the worst part. Migos just doesn't fit in the song as much. I really hoped I liked this song, but its the complete opposite...

- 16 Weeks. I know I already commented on this, but I want to elaborate on it. Lets recap. The summer of 2017 was the most inactive summer ever. Heck, 2017 in general was inactive. Despacito only got 16 weeks because there was no other challengers. Wild Thoughts was not even close to dethrone  Despacito. Also, it is really disappointing that a REMIX got 16 weeks, not the original. Also, there's Justin Bieber. Of course people want to hear Justin Bieber speak Spanish. It is tied with One Sweet Day, which deserved all 16 weeks, and is a MUCH better song than Despacito. We have a One-Hit Wonder tying the record. Really? This song lost steam when it hit #1 for the 10th Week! It continued because no other songs hit #1, and Youtube, having more than 4 billion views ON THE ORIGINAL SONG! God Its so stupid... and I really mean it. Now, people are trying to do what Justin did. Look at Beyonce! Why do you think she decided to do a remix of a SPANISH song. Anyways, that's all I have to say...

- Gucci Gang. The song everyone plays at my school. My opinion is that its bland. Yeah, it has a beat, but saying "Gucci Gang" for half of the song is not going to make it better. It almost seems like they gave up. Overall, not surprised for a newcomer. 

- I LOVE THIS SONG SO MUCH. And yes, its much better than Taylor Swift. Usually, I hate French Montana, but this is his best song for sure. I haven't seen one person who hates this song. 

- I am very surprised Perfect, Havana, and Sorry Not Sorry are in the top 10. Especially the former. Ed is probably going to the best artist of 2017, music wise. Shape Of You, Castle On The Hill, and this. 

- And our top 5 stays in their positions. The top 5 is looking good, and I don't care if it stays or not. 

Top 20 Review:

0:Crap
20. Gucci Mane/Migos - I Get The Bag

1:Bad
None!

2:Meh
19. Yo Gotti/Nicki Minaj - Rake It Up

3:Decent
18. Luis Fonsi/Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito
17. Charlie Puth - Attention

4:Good
16. Lil Pump - Gucci Gang

5:Great
15. Taylor Swift - Gorgeous
14. Imagine Dragons - Believer
13. Sam Smith - Too Good At Goodbyes
12. J Balvin/Willy William/Beyonce - Mi Gente
11. Camila Cabello/Young Thug - Havana
10. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry
9. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still
8. Ed Sheeran - Perfect
7. Logic/Aleesia Cara/Khalid - Suicide Hotline
6. Imagine Dragons - Thunder
5. Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do
4. 21 Savage - Bank Account
3. Cardi B - Bodak Yellow 
2. Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar
1. French Montana/Swae Lee - Unforgettable

Score: 87/100 (B+)

Top 5:
1. French Montana/Swae Lee - Unforgettable
2. G-Eazy/A$AP Rocky/Cardi B - No Limit
3. Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do
4. Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar
5. Cardi B - Bodak Yellow

Bottom 5:
1. Gucci Mane/Migos - I Get The Bag
2. Post Malone - I Fall Apart
3. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
4. Shawn Mendes - Theres Nothing Holdin' Me Back
5. Yo Gotti/Nicki Minaj - Rake It Up

See you on Saturday... :)

5 comments: