Monday, November 20, 2017

P!nk (1) - November 18, 2017

Hey! The year is slowly coming to an end. I am just about starting on my year end review. Anyways, today's countdown was petty solid and not that much happened I guess. Here are the exits...

  • Kygo/Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me (#45)
The Countdown:
Last Weeks #1: Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry (1)

45. Bruno Mars - Thats What I Like (#44) [1 Week]
44. The All- American Rejects - Sweat (#43)
43. Justin Bieber/BloodPop - Friends (#42)
42. Evaride - Heartless (#41)
41. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#40)
40. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (#35) [9 Weeks]
39. Luis Fonsi/Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito (#33)
38. The Shawdowboxers - Hot Damn (DEBUT)
37. Bebe Rexha/Florida George Line - Meant To Be (#39)
36. Charlie Puth - Attention (#37) [1 Week]
35. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This (#36) [3 Weeks]
34. The Script - Rain (#30)
33. Zayn/Sia - Dusk Till Dawn (#38)
32. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road (#22)
31. Zedd/Aleesia Cara - Stay (#34) [4 Weeks]
30. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (#29) [3 Weeks]
29. Logic/Aleesia Cara/Khalid - Suicide Hotline (#28)
28. Shawn Mendes - Theres Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#24) [5 Weeks] 
27. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill (#25) [3 Weeks]
26. Liam Payne/Quavo - Strip That Down (#26) [2 Weeks]
25. Sabrina Carpenter - Why (#23)
24. Linkin Park - One More Light (#32)
23. Lauv - I Like Me Better (#31)
22. Niall Horan - Too Much To Ask (#21)
21. Dua Lipa - New Rules (#20)
20. Charlie Puth - How Long (#19)
19. Mono Mind - Save Me A Place (#17)
18. Kesha - Praying (#13)
17. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still (#27) 
16. Camila Cabello/Young Thug - Havana (#15)
15. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#12) [3 Weeks]
14. Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato - No Promises (#11)
13. Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do (#16)
12. Macklemore/Skylar Grey - Glorious (#7)
11. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl (#2) [3 Weeks] {Good Start!}
10. Sam Smith - Too Good At Goodbyes (#10)
9. Hailee Steinfeld/Aleeso/Florida George Line - Let Me Go (#18)
8. Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do (#14)
7. Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft (#6) [Not A Color Code Error]
6. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry (#1) [1 Week]
5. Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It? (#8) [!!!]
4. Halsey - Bad At Love (#5)
3. Ed Sheeran - Perfect (#9)
2. Imagine Dragons - Thunder (#4) [1 Week]
1. P!nk - What About Us (#3) [1st Week]

#1 Song One Year Ago: The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (6th Of 8th Week)

Biggest Drop: Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road (-10)

Biggest Jump: Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still (+10)

Entrants:
- So, your kinda surprised with my color code of this song. It's not an error. Let me explain. There are songs where they have some tolerable repetition. This goes too far. Hearing "If It's Only Love Then..." every two seconds seems a little overboard and stupid. In addition, it tries to attract you but honestly, it just makes it worse. If you look at the lyrics, they seemed set up like a poem. Although I don't know these guys, I can tell that I shouldn't listen to anymore of their music.

Hitbound:

  • Sofi Tukker - Best Friend
  • Fall Out Boy - Hold Me Tight Or Don't (DEBUT)
  • Macklemore/Kesha - Good Old Days
  • Selena Gomez/Marshmello - Wolves 
  • Harry Styles - Kiwi 
  • P!nk/Eminem - Revenge
  • Walk The Moon - One Foot
  • Liam Payne - Bedroom Floor
  • Taylor Swift - Gorgeous 
  • Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar
  • X Ambassadors - Ahead Of Myself
  • Bruno Mars - Chunky
  • Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes
  • Nick Jonas - Find You
 - Our only entrance is from Fall Out Boy. His last song, Champion, had a decent run on the countdown. This song seems overwhelming, and the vocals aren't shining like their better hits. Overall, decent at most.

Top 5:
1. Selena Gomez/Marshmello - Wolves
2. Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar
3. Taylor Swift - Gorgeous
4. Macklemore/Kesha - Good Old Days
5. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes


If It's Only Love Then Why Do I Blurb It

- It Ain't Me was starting to fade on me, plus it was really old and unnecessary to still be on the countdown. If you look at my Purple/Orange Squad, you will see that It Ain't Me was purple for 1 week. The song was pretty close to being red, almost making it a rare occasion of a purple song turning into a red song. 

- This looks like the end for Despacito finally. As soon as it hit 16 Weeks on Billboard, people were mixed about the song. As of myself, after that indecent, the song started to fade on me. Will it be the #1 song on the year end list? Maybe, since it has a good chance. 

- Our last week entrances aren't doing that much jumping. I didn't really care about all of them including Dusk Till Dawn, since it seems it debuted too late and is a song-holder. 

- My grade pretty much hates Logic except for those one or two fans who know every word of every song. However, everyone who doesn't like Logic likes the Suicide Hotline song only. I would fit in that category definitely. 

- Why is slowly fading on me every week. By the time it leaves, it will probably be red. I wish Hits1 would have picked up on Thumbs rather than Why, although neither are that impressive in my opinion

- I'm kinda surprised that Praying is still in the top 20. I know a lot of people like it so much that it is still there favorite song. As for me, I still think it's a good song. It's kinda like Something Just Like This. Both I know are old, but I still like the song very much. 

- Entering the top 10 is Let Me Go and What Lovers Do. The former I was kinda surprised by. I have grown into the song a lot, but not enough to appear in my top 5. The latter I expected. This song has been growing in popularity and it just gets higher. I expect this to do better than Don't Wanna Know (based off of Billboard, not Hits1). Also, I think Let Me Go might do better than Most Girls, but I'm still not sure. 

- Love So Soft drops for the first time in like 2 months. I actually have grown into the song. Not enough to make it green, but at least it's not red! That being said, I don't think this should hit the top 5. 

- Hitting #1 is from P!nk. That kinda caught me off guard. I can't say I'm complaining, but I don't think it's #1 material. However, i'll take it over Galway Girl and Love So Soft.

Top 20 Review:

0:Crap
None!

1:Bad
None!

2:Meh
20. Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft

3:Decent
19. Charlie Puth - How Long
18. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl

4:Good
None!

5:Great
17. Imagine Dragons - Believer
16. P!nk - What About Us
15. Mono Mind - Save Me A Place
14. Halsey - Bad At Love
13. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still
12. Camila Cabello/Young Thug - Havana
11. Sam Smith - Too Good At Goodbyes
10. Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato - No Promises
9. Hailee Steinfeld/Aleeso/Florida George Line - Let Me Go
8. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry
7. Kesha - Praying
6. Imagine Dragons - Thunder
5. Macklemore/Skylar Grey - Glorious
4. Ed Sheeran - Perfect
3. Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do
2. Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It?
1. Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do

Score: 93/100 (A)
Last Week: 90/100 (+3)


Top 5
1. Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do
2. Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It?
3. Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do
4. Ed Sheeran - Perfect
5. Logic/Aleesia Cara/Khalid - Suicide Hotline


Bottom 5
1. The Shawdowboxers - Hot Damn
2. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road
3. Evaride - Heartlesss
4. The All-American Rejects - Sweaty
5. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like


Throwback Pick: Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You (1992) [Bodyguard's 25th Anniversary]

Most Missed: Flo Rida - My House

#1 Recommendation: Eminem/Beyonce - Walk On Water

Favorite Song One Year Ago: The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer



4 comments:

  1. Wow. Didn´t know you hated Hot Damn that much. Care to explain why you dislike Sweat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hearing "Sweat!" From a pretty bad voice every few seconds is kinda infuriating. In addition, I don't see anything that amazing in the song. Heck, there are only a few parts where it's only decent.

      Delete