Monday, November 13, 2017

Demi Lovato (1) - November 11, 2017

THANK YOU Hits1! They must have heard me and changed the countdown to make me happy. Almost everything bad that happened became good. Anyways, Here are the exits...

  • Louis Tomlinson/Bebe Rexha/Digital Farm Aniamls - Back To You (#44)
  • The Revivalists - Wish I Knew You (#37)
  • Fergie/Nicki Minaj - You Already Know (#32)
The Countdown
Last Weeks #1: Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl (3)

45. Kygo/Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me (#41)
44. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (#43) [1 Week]
43. The All-American Rejects - Sweat (#45)
42. Justin Bieber/BlodPop - Friends (#38)
41. Evaride - Heartless (#35)
40. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#42)
39. Bebe Rexha/Florida George Line - Meant To Be (DEBUT)
38. Zayn/Sia - Dusk Till Dawn (DEBUT)
37. Charlie Puth - Attention (#40) [1 Week]
36. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This (#36) [3 Weeks]
35. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (#39) [9 Weeks]
34. Zedd/Aleesia Cara - Stay (#34) [4 Weeks]
33. Luis Fonsi/Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito (#28)
32. Linkin Park - One More Light (#23)
31. Lauv - I Like Me Better (DEBUT)
30. The Script - Rain (#31)
29. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (#10)
28. Logic/Aleesia Cara/Khalid - Suicide Hotline (#26)
27. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still (#9)
26. Liam Payne - Strip That Down (#14) [2 Weeks]
25. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill (#27) [3 Weeks]
24. Shawn Mendes - Theres Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#25) [5 Week]
23. Sabrina Carpenter - Why (#22)
22. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road (#21)
21. Niall Horan - Too Much To Ask (#33)
20. Dua Lipa - New Rules (#30)
19. Charlie Puth - How Long (#18)
18. Hailee Steinfeld/Aleeso/Florida George Line - Let Me Go (#20)
17. Mono Mind - Save Me A Place (#16)
16. Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do (#29) [THANK YOU!]
15. Camila Cabello - Havana (#18)
14. Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do (#13)
13. Kesha - Praying (#12)
12. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#11) [3 Weeks]
11. Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato - No Promises (#24)
10. Sam Smith - Too Good At Goodbyes (#19)
9. Ed Sheeran - Perfect (#5)
8. Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It (#15) [YAY!]
7. Macklemore/Skylar Grey - Glorious (#8)
6. Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft (#7)
5. Halsey - Bad At Love (#6)
4. Imagine Dragons - Thunder (#3) [1 Week]
3. P!nk - What About Us (#2)
2. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl (#1) [3 Weeks]
1. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry (#4) [1st Week]

#1 Song One Year Ago: Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better (1st Of 2 Weeks)

Biggest Drop: Niall Horan - Slow Hands (-19)

Biggest Jump: TIETaylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do & Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato - No Promises (+13)

Entrants:
- I have not heard Meant To Be in a long time. From what I heard, it's decent. Florida George Line's vocals are pretty bad, and Rexha can't save the song, since she contributes less than Florida George Line. Overall, another country song that's down the waste. 

- Just like Meant To Be, I haven't heard this in a while. The best part of this song is Sia's vocals. Zayn maybe could have done better in his parts, but Sia saves the song. Who knew this pair could pull it off. Too bad this song is not that big at the moment. 

Hits1 is picking up on a lot of newcomers, like The Shawdowboxers, and Lauv. My first impression on this was that this was really good. But now, I feel as if I the song has faded on me. However, the song is still solid and I can consider it a great song. Not bad for a newcomer. 

Hitbound:

  • Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar 
  • Harry Styles - Kiwi
  • Sofi Tukker - Best Friend (DEBUT)
  • Nick Jonas - Find You
  • Walk The Moon - One Foot (DEBUT)
  • P!nk/Eminem - Revenge (DEBUT)
  • Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes 
  • Bruno Mars - Chunky 
  • Taylor Swift - Gorgeous
  • Selena Gomez/Marshmello - Wolves
  • The Shawdowboxers - Hot Damn
  • Macklemore/Kesha - Good Old Days
  • Liam Payne - Bedroom Floor
  • X Ambassadors - Ahead Of Myself 
- The production ruins the song. In addition, the vocals are not the best. It's sad that a newcomer, specifically a duo, can't come up with a good song. I wish Hits1 could stop picking up on newcomers, and unpopular songs, and can add more popular more deserved songs. 

Walk The Moon is back after their big hit, Shut Up And Dance. This is not as good, but it is pretty solid. The vocals really shine in this song, and the chorus is really good. Overall, A pretty good song. 

Eminem is really good. I loved him back when he released songs like Not Afraid, my favorite song from him. He is really good in this song, but there is is one problem. P!nk's vocals are not as good as I would expect. She doesn't ruin the song, but enough to not be my favorite. If she did not have bad vocals, this would have been my favorite song on Hitbound. My favorite part is in the end when Eminem says, "F*ck yeah!", but P!nk says, "F*ck no!"

- After repeated listens, I have grown into Gorgeous. The chorus is what stands out in the song. I hope this can debut cause there will be three Taylor Swift songs in my top 5. 

Top 5:
1. Selena Gomez/Marshmello - Wolves
2. Taylor Swift - Gorgeous
3. Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar
4. Macklemore/Kesha - Good Old Days
5. P!nk/Eminem - Revenge

I'll be with you from blurb to blurb...

- All the exits I really didn't care about including Back To You. I knew it was going to leave sometime, and it just seemed there as a place holder. However, you will be missed. I have come to a final conclusion that You Already Know is a decent song. Fergie does good, but Nicki does bad. Finally, the trash song is out! You will not be missed!

Heartless continues to fall all the way in the bottom 5. At this point, the song just becomes worse each time I listen to it. These newcomers that Hits1 decide to bring are not that good. 

Shape Of You and Stay are surprisingly still here. I don't think I will ever get sick of both of these songs, especially the former. Ed Sheeran has dominated 2017. 

Slow Hands took quite a tumble down to the top 30. I am pretty fine with this. If it stayed in the top 10 for any longer, I don't think I could take it. I'm happy it dropped. 

- Hits1 must have heard me and both Look What You Made Me Do and ...Ready For It? jumped into the top 20 and top 10, respectively. I was happy when that happened. I hope that Look What You Made Me Do can hit #1 first. It's kinda weird when the second/promotional single hits #1 first. 

- Yes! I grew into Glorious. After listening to a little of Gemini, I realized how good Skylar Grey's vocals are and Macklemore does a really good job with his part. 

- After Thunder got dethroned, I was hoping on Taylor Swift to hit #1, but obviously that backfired. I thought it was the end, but Demi Lovato saves the day. I think this became popular a little too late, but who cares. It's still a great song. 

Top 20 Review:

0:Crap
None!

1:Bad
20. Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft

2:Meh
None!

3:Decent
19. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl
18. Charlie Puth - How Long
17. Dua Lipa - New Rules

4:Good
None!

5:Great
16. Imagine Dragons - Believer
15. Halsey - Bad At Love
14. P!nk - What About Us
13. Hailee Steinfeld/Aleeso/Florida George Line - Let Me Go
12. Mono Mind - Save Me A Place
11. Camila Cabello - Havana
10. Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato - No Promises
9. Sam Smith - Too Good At Goodbyes
8. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry
7. Kesha - Praying
6. Imagine Dragons - Thunder
5. Macklemore/Skylar Grey - Glorious
4. Ed Sheeran - Perfect
3. Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do 
2. Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It?
1. Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do

Score: 90/100 (A-)
Last Week: 89/100 (+1)

Top 5:
1. Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do
2. Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It?
3. Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do
4. Ed Sheeran - Perfect
5. Macklemore/Skylar Grey - Glorious

Bottom 5:
1. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road
2. The All-American Rejects - Sweat
3. Evaride - Heartless
4. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
5. Niall Horan - Too Much To Ask

Throwback Pick: Chubby Checker - The Twist (1960)

Most Missed: Taylor Swift - Love Story

#1 Recommendation: Eminem/Beyonce - Walk On Water

#1 Favorite Song One Year Ago: The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer



3 comments:

  1. I agree with you that Hits 1 should stop picking up unpopular songs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I know why ...Ready for It? and LWYMMD jumped: Reputation was released on the 10th. After my (late) countdown post comes out, I’ll put a review.

    ReplyDelete