Monday, September 11, 2017

Shawn Mendes (5) - September 9, 2017

Hey Guys, welcome back.

So as i'm writing this it is September 11th. 16 years ago a devastating attack happened in New York. Two Planes crashed into the Twin Towers. Not only that but one plane also attacked the pentagon, and One was aiming for the white house, but gladly failed. I would like to have a moment of silence for those who have passed away from this attack, and injured really badly...


Thank You



 So this week we had 6 exits, most of which I am very happy with. The entrants are also very good. Overall, the week was pretty good. Here are the exits this week


  • Selena Gomez- Bad Liar (#45)
  • Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson- Just Hold On (#44)
  • Train- Play That Song (#41)
  • Halsey- Now Or Never (#36)
  • Shawn Mendes- Mercy (#35)
  • Julia Michaels- Uh Huh (#33)[!!!]
The Countdown:

Last Weeks #1: Niall Horan- Slow Hands

45. The Chainsmokers/Halsey- Closer (#38)[8 Weeks at #1)
44. Julia Michaels- Issues (#44)
43. DJ Khaled/Rihanna/Bryson Tiller- Wild Thoughts (#40)
42. Linkin Park/Kiiara- Heavy (#37)
41. Bruno Mars- Thats What I Like (#41)[1 Week at #1]
40. Harry Styles- Two Ghosts (DEBUT)
39. Calvin Harris/Pharrell/Katy Perry- Feels (#22)
38. Lady Gaga- The Cure (#39)
37. Andy Grammer- Give Love (DEBUT)
36. Kygo/Selena Gomez- It Ain't Me (#28)
35. Portugal. The Man- Feel It Still (DEBUT)
34. Halsey- Bad At Love (DEBUT)
33. Panic! At The Disco- L.A. Devotee (#29)
32. Justin Bieber/BloodPop- Friends (DEBUT)
31. Fall Out Boy- Champion (#16)
30. Bruno Mars/David Guetta- Versace On The Floor (#30)
29. All Time Low- Good Times (#14)
28. AJR- Weak (#27)
27. Ed Sheeran- Shape Of You (#21)[9 Weeks at #1]
26. MAX/Gnash- Lights Down Low (#15)
25. The Chainsmokers- Honest (#24)
24. Hailee Steinfeld- Most Girls (#11)
23. Maroon 5/SZA- What Lovers Do (DEBUT)
22. Luis Fonsi/Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber- Despacito (#32)[16 Weeks at #1]{not a mistake...}
21. Hey Violet- Hoodie (#25)
20. Macklemore/Skylar Grey- Glorious (#20)
19. Ed Sheeran- Galway Girl (#31)
18. Louis Tomlinson/Bebe Rexha/Digital Farm Animals- Back To You (#19)
17. Imagine Dragons- Thunder (#26)
16. Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato- No Promises (#34)
15. P!NK- What About Us (#17)
14. Charlie Puth- Attention (#6)[1 Week at #1]
13. Kesha- Praying (#23)
12. Mono Mind/Bridge And Mountain- Save Me A Place (#18)
11. Ed Sheeran- Castle On The Hill (#10)[3 Weeks at #1]
10. Taylor Swift- Look What You Made Me Do (#13)[...]
9. Demi Lovato- Sorry Not Sorry (#12)
8. Imagine Dragons- Believer (#8)[3 Weeks at #1]
7. Zedd/Aleesia Cara- Stay (#7)[4 Weeks at #1]
6. Linkin Park- One More Light (#5)
5. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay- Something Just Like This (#9)[3 Weeks at #1]
4. Niall Horan- Slow Hands (#1)[1 Weeks at #1]
3. Sam Hunt- Body Like A Back Road (#3)
2. Liam Payne- Strip That Down (#2)[
1. Shawn Mendes- Theres Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#4)[5th Week at #1...]

#1 Song Last Year: The Chainsmokers/Daya- Dont Let Me Down (1st Of 3 Weeks)

Biggest Jump:  Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato- No Promises (+18)

Biggest Drop: Calvin Harris/Pharrell/Katy Perry- Feels (-17)

Entrants:

-So, Harry Styles is back with Two Ghosts. I just feel like this isn't the type of song for me. This is definitely not as good as Sign Of The Times, but the song has a rhythm but overall, its only decent.

-Next is Give Love. I just don't like this song. The Chorus is too repetitive and the verses are terrible. Lately Andy is not doing good. First Fresh Eyes, then this. I liked him when he released Honey I'm Good. That was the good Andy back then.

-Yes, I have indeed grown into the people that are not even Portugal's song, Feel It Still. I have just been enjoying it, and the weird part doesn't sound weird again!

-Halsey is back! I'm being honest, I was a little disapointed. I was expecting more from Halsey, since Closer, Now Or Never, and Colors were amazing. This isn't bad, but I was just expecting more from Halsey.

-Justin is just rocking it in 2017. First 2016 by having two songs in the top 2 of the billboard year-end list. I am not suprissed that I Like this song a lot. What can I say, I like most of Justin's work. This was so close to being in my top 5, but you will see why. This can be my 6th favorite song on the countdown...

-Of course Hits 1 has to add all the Maroon 5 songs and all of them have to hit the top 5. This means that What Lovers Do is guaranteed to hit the top 5. For me I really don't care about it hitting the top 5......yet.......anyways, I really like this song, but definitely not as good as Payphone, my favorite Maroon 5 song. Overall, I am enjoying this song..........for now............

Hitbound:

  • The Revivalists- Wish I Knew You (RE-ENTRY)
  • Taylor Swift-...Ready For It? (DEBUT)
  • PRETTYMUCH- Would You Mind
  • Why Dont We- Something Different (DEBUT)
  • The All- American Rejects- Sweat 
  • Kelly Clarkson- Love So Soft (DEBUT)
  • Sam Smith- Too Good At Goodbyes (DEBUT)
  • Sabrina Carpenter- Why
  • Zayn/Sia- Dusk Till Dawn (DEBUT)
  • Hailee Steinfeld/Aleeso/Florida George Line- Let Me Go (DEBUT)
  • The Script- Rain (DEBUT)
  • Selena Gomez- Fetish
  • Evaride- Heartless
  • Zedd/Liam Payne- Get Low
-Yeah, I don't know what to say for Wish I Knew You...

-What did you expect. You know that I love Taylor's solo songs. This is so close to being as good as Look What You Made Me Do. More on it when it debuts.........

-Something Different is nice. I like the bands voices, and the music video is pretty nice

- Kelly Clarkson is back with a decent song only. I mean her voice kinda ruins it but its pretty good. More on it when it debuts...

- The main reason why this song is good is because of Sam's voice. I mean, his voice is so good and he can hit those high notes easily. More on it when it debuts

-Zayn collaborating with Sia is nice. I saw the music video and it looked pretty good. The song overall, is really good especially with Sia in it. She makes it better. This is better than Still Got Time definitely.

-Hailee Steinfeld never lets me down. She brings Aleeso, and Florida George Line. I am really enjoying this song a lot. And actually, Florida George Line is good!

-Never heard of The Script but I like Rain a lot. These guys are really good and I want to see more of them

-So apparently, Heartless has less than 50,000 views on youtube. So they can bring this song, but not Unforgettable,which has over 300,000,000 views. Wow Hits 1, just wow...

Top 5:
1. Taylor Swift- ...Ready For It?
2. Hailee Steinfeld/Aleeso/Florida George Line- Let Me Go
3. The Script- Rain
4. Zayn/Sia- Dusk Till Dawn
5. Why Dont We- Something Different 



And If It Ends, Can We Be Blurbs?:

-So, lets talk exits. I am sad that Now Or Never left. Just Hold On, Mercy, and Bad Liar had to leave at some point. The ones I want to talk about are the ones in red ;). Play That Song deserved to leave. At first I barely liked the song. Then it got annoying being in the top 20 for a long time. Then it was time to put it in red, but it still got worse. I'm glad its gone, but I am more excited about the other exit in red. Everyone, lets celebrate for Uh Huh leaving on its 6th Week!!!!!

-I can't believe Closer survived. I'll take it definitely

-Issues is my new worst song just becuase it gets worse and her voice gets worse all the time. I have hated this song from the start and I will still hate it till the very end

-Feels took a rough drop down in the top 40. Honestly I don't care about this song anymore, but I am very unhappy about the drop

-No Despacito hitting for 16 Weeks is not a mistake...

-A couple songs fell out of the top 20. I am ok with Champion, Good Times, and Lights Down Low falling out to put better songs in the top 20, but i'm sad that Most Girls fell after a big recovery.

-With a couple songs leaving the top 20, then there are a couple top 20 entrances. Galway Girl, Thunder, and No Promises are much better than Champion, Good Times, and Lights Down Low. Good Trade.

-Praying also entered the top 20 which I am happy about. I was waiting for Kesha for a long time, so this was worth the wait.

-Let me explain. Yes, I have grown into Save Me A Place, and One More Light. I grown into Save Me A Place because of the chorus that sounds like Ellie Goulding. I grown into One More Light beacuse of the vocals of deceased lead singer, Chester Bennington (Rest In Piece. You Will Be Missed) are growing onto me a lot. I listened to Numb, Heavy, and recently this song a lot and I have just liked them so much now. However, both Save Me A Place, and One More Light are at their peak in my opinion. Dont be surprised if next week they are not in the top 5.


-Seriously. Seriously? It only jumped THREE spots. I thought it was going to hit #1. Meanwhile Something Just Like This jumps into the top 5. I'll take it!

-I'm being for real, #3 is scaring me a lot. If it hits #1, there will be big consequences. Strip That Down is holding it back. If it continues to do that, then #3 can go back. And yes, we shall not name the song

-Now onto our #1. I didn't want to do this, but I have to. 5 Weeks. Wow, thats too much for a song like this. Heck, 3 Weeks was a little too much. I am tired of hearing this song on my local radio, and on Sirius XM. For now its blue, but im sure if it hits #1 again, then it will be lower. On the brightside, I'll take this over #3.

Top 20 Review:

0:Crap
20. Sam Hunt- Body Like A Back Road

1:Bad
None!

2:Meh
None!

3:Decent
None!

4:Good
19. Shawn Mendes- Theres Nothing Holdin' Me Back
18. Niall Horan- Slow Hands

5:Great
17. P!NK- What About Us
16. Zedd/Aleesia Cara- Stay
15. Charlie Puth- Attention
14. Ed Sheeran- Galway Girl
13. Macklemore/Skylar Grey- Glorious
12. Ed Sheeran- Castle On The Hill
11. Imagine Dragons- Thunder
10. Liam Payne- Strip That Down
9. Imagine Dragons- Believer
8. Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato- No Promises
7. Demi Lovato- Sorry Not Sorry
6. Louis Tomlinson/Bebe Rexha/Digital Farm Animals- Back To You
5. Linkin Park- One More Light
4. Mono Mind/Bridges And Mountains- Save Me A Place
3. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay- Something Just Like This
2. Kesha- Praying
1. Taylor Swift- Look What You Made Me Do

Score: 93/100 (A)
Last Week: 94/100 (-1)

Top 5:
1. Taylor Swift- Look What You Made Me Do
2. Kesha- Praying
3. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay- Something Just Like This
4. Mono Mind/Bridge And Mountain- Save Me A Place
5. Linkin Park- One More Light

Bottom 5:
1. Julia Michaels- Issues
2. Sam Hunt- Body Like A Back Road
3. AJR- Weak
4. Andy Grammer- Give Love
5. Bruno Mars- Thats What I Like (Next One on the list...)

Throwback Pick: Usher/Pitbull- DJ Got Us Fallen In Love

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Khalid- Young Dumb & Broke (guilty pleasure alert)

Favorite Countdown Song One Year Ago: The Chainsmokers/Halsey- Closer

Bye
:)





2 comments:

  1. Nice job, Red Dog! I'm a new blogger, too. You should check mine out!
    http://siriusxmhits1weekendcountdowntop45.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dusk Till Dawn at #4 on Hit-Bound! Finally.

    Btw I am a HUGE fan of this song

    -Sasha

    ReplyDelete