Monday, September 4, 2017

Niall Horan (1) + Introduction

Hey Guys, This is my first Weekend Countdown Post! Now it's a bit weird to start the Countdown Chart in the middle of the year, so I'll explain that later. Right now, I will go over this weeks Countdown. This week was interesting with two of four debuts being pretty high. Here are the exits...

  • Childish Gambino- Redbone(#43)
  • Hailee Steinfeld/Grey/Zedd- Starving(#42)
  • DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper- Im the One(#41)
  • James Arthur- Say You Wont Let Go(#27)
The Countdown:

Last Weeks #1: Charlie Puth- Attention

45. Selena Gomez- Bad Liar(#40)
44. Steve Aoki/Louis Tomlinson- Just Hold On(#45)
43. Julia Michaels- Issues(#44)
42. Bruno Mars- That's What I Like(#34)[1 Week at #1]
41. Train- Play That Song(#37)
40. DJ Khaled/Rihanna/Bryson Tiller- Wild Thoughts(#30)
39. Lady Gaga- The Cure(#38)
38. The Chainsmokers/Halsey- Closer(#39)[8 Weeks at #1]
37. Linkin Park/Kiiara- Heavy(#27)
36. Halsey- Now Or Never(#32)
35. Shawn Mendes- Mercy(#35)
34. Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato- No Promises(DEBUT)
33. Julia Michaels- Uh Huh(#31)
32. Luis Fonsi/Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber- Despacito(#21)
31. Ed Sheeran- Galway Girl(DEBUT)
30. Bruno Mars/David Guetta- Versace On The Floor(#18)
29. Panic! At The Disco- L.A. Devotee(#11)[FINALLY!]
28. Kygo/Selena Gomez- It Ain't Me(#23)
27. AJR- Weak(#26)
26. Imagine Dragons- Thunder(#33)
25. Hey Violet- Hoodie(#28)
24. The Chainsmokers- Honest(#25)
23. Kesha- Praying(#20)
22. Calvin Harris/Pharrell/Katy Perry- Feels(#16)
21. Ed Sheeran- Shape Of You(#13)[9 Weeks at #1]
20. Macklemore/Skylar Grey- Glorious(#36)
19. Louis Tomlinson/Bebe Rexha/Digital Farm Animals- Back To(#19)
18. Mono Mind/Bridge And Mountains- Save Me A Place(DEBUT)
17. P!NK- What About Us(#22)
16. Fall Out Boy- Champion(#15)
15. MAX/Gnash- Lights Down Low(#24)
14. All Time Low- Good Times(#17)
13. Taylor Swift- Look What You Made Me Do(DEBUT)
12. Demi Lovato- Sorry Not Sorry(#14)
11. Hailee Steinfeld- Most Girls(#12)
10. Ed Sheeran- Castle On The Hill(#6)[3 Weeks at #1]
9. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay- Something Just Like This(#8)[3 Weeks at #1]
8. Imagine Dragons- Believer(#2)[3 Weeks at #1]
7. Zedd/Aleesia Cara- Stay(#10)[4 Weeks at #1
6. Charlie Puth- Attention(#1)[1 Weeks at #1]
5. Linkin Park- One More Light(#9)
4. Shawn Mendes- Theres Nothing Holdin' Me Back(#3)[4 Weeks at #1]
3. Sam Hunt- Body Like A Back Road(#4)
2. Liam Payne- Strip That Down(#5)
1. Niall Horan- Slow Hands(#7)[1st Week at #1]`

#1 Song One Year Ago: Justin Timberlake- Cant Stop The Feeling(10th and final week at #1)

Biggest Jump: Macklemore/Skylar Grey- Glorious (+16)

Biggest Drop: Panic! At The Disco- L.A. Devotee (-18)

Color Code:
Green= Great/Good
Blue= Decent/Meh
Red= Bad/Crap
Pink= Slightly Old
Yellow= Old
Turquoise= Really Old
Purple= Best Song
Orange= Worst Song
Dark Blue= Top 5
Dark Red= Bottom 5
Dark Green= No Opinion

Entrants:

First Up is No Promises. I like the chorus a lot, and also everything else in general. Demi Lovato's Voice is very nice, and it all ties in the song. Overall its a really good song

-Next is a return of Ed Sheeran with Galway Girl. Now this is Definitely not as good as Shape Of You, and also Castle On The Hill. However, its still a very good song in my opinion

-Debuting at #18 is Save Me A Place by Mono Mind, the Bridges And Mountains Remix. When I first heard it, I didn't know what was going on, but the more I heard it the more I liked it. The song reminds me of The Matrix. I'll say this, its a weird song, but weird in a good way.

-Finally, Taylor Swift is back with a new single of her upcoming album, Reputation. First, let me just say that this is not as good as her other singles off of 1989, like Bad Blood, Wildest Dreams, and New Romantics. However, that doesn't mean its a bad song. This song is amazing, from the verses, to the build up, and I like how she says that the old Taylor is "Dead". Pretty much its a new Taylor Swift, who is still as good as the Old Taylor.

Hitbound:

  • The All American Rejects- Sweat
  • Halsey- Bad At Love
  • Rita Ora- Your Song
  • Selena Gomez- Fetish
  • Portugal. The Man- Feel It Still
  • Sabrina Carpenter- Why
  • Zedd/Liam Payne- Get Low
  • Any Grammer- Give Love
  • Evaride- Heartless(DEBUT)
  • Maroon 5/SZA- What Lovers Do(DEBUT)
  • Justin Bieber/BloodPop- Friends
  • Harry Styles- Two Ghosts
  • PRETTYMUCH- Would You Mind
-Feel It Still is weird, but kinda catchy, but its only a decent song

-I am enjoying Why, and Get Low a ton, but Give Love is just bad.

-Evaride is a fairly new band and there not bad. Heartless is just not that good. But at the same time its not terrible. Just like Feel It Still, its only decent

-Maroon 5 is back bringing SZA. Currently its a really good song. More on it when it debuts...

-A lot of people are sick of Justin Bieber, but his music is really good. I love the meaning behind the song. You just want to be friends with them and that's it.BloodPop also does a nice job with the EDM.

Top 5:

1.Justin Bieber/BloodPop- Friends
2.Selena Gomez- Fetish
3.PRETTYMUCH- Would You Mind
4.Zedd/Liam Payne- Get Low
5.Sabrina Carpenter- Why


Look What You Made Me Blurb...

-So, lets start from the bottom to top, starting with our exits. Redbone was boring, and I was starting to get sick of Say You Wont Let Go. Some people may be surprised with Starving being in green, but there is a reason. I wasn't getting sick of the song, and the fact that I was one of my favorite songs of 2016. Then we come to my favorite, I'm The One. This will definitely be in my top 10 in my favorite of 2017, so you will be missed

-Get #43,42,41 Out of here and I will be very happy.

-I like how Closer is still on here. I still like the song a lot and it will never get old. However, I don't like Mercy at the moment, and it will always get very very old

-So apparently Despacito can tie the record for most weeks at #1 on billboard, but Only peak at #3 on this chart? For me, That's really weird. Also, if you want to know my opinion, I am sad that Despacito tied the record with One Sweet Day, which is an amazing song by two great well known artists. However, Despacito only got there with the remix, which is pretty sad if you think about it. 

-So after a very long time, L.A. Devotee finally drops! I was so pleased when I heard it at #29.

-Out of the two debuts last week, one jumps 7 spots, and the other jumps 16 spots. Honestly the former is a better song than the latter, but ill take the jumps.

- So our top 20 entrants are good but nothing amazing, including our entrances except T. Swift

-If you didn't know, Something Just Like This was my favorite song for 16 weeks on the chart. That explains it being in my top 5.

-Speaking of top 5, our top 5 looks great, even our top 10 except for ONE song. It seems like everyone hates this song, so why is it at #3? I pretty much hate country in general so it doesn't surprise me that its in my bottom 5

-Now let me talk about the top 2. Strip That Down is good, but with Quavo its much better, but its still good without. Slow Hands in my opinion is not #1 material, ill take it over #3.

Top 20 Review:

0-Crap:
20. Sam Hunt- Body Like A Back Road

1-Bad:
None!

2-Meh:
None!

3-Decent:
None!

4-Good:
19. All Time Low- Good Times

5-Great:
18. Niall Horan- Slow Hands
17. Fall Out Boy- Champion
16. MAX/Gnash- Lights Down Low
15. P!NK- What About Us
14. Shawn Mendes- Theres Nothing Holdin' Me Back
13. Zedd/Aleesia Cara- Stay
12. Charlie Puth- Attention
11. Macklemore/Skylar Grey- Glorious
10.Ed Sheeran- Castle On The Hill
9. Mono Mind/Bridges And Mountains- Save Me A Place
8. Liam Payne- Strip That Down
7. Imagine Dragons- Believer
6. Linkin Park- One More Light
5. Demi Lovato- Sorry Not Sorry
4. Hailee Steinfeld- Most Girls
3. Louis Tomlinson/Bebe Rexha/Digital Farm Animals- Back To You
2. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay- Something Just Like This
1. Taylor Swift- Look What You Made Me Do

Score: 94/100 (A)
Last Week: 91/100(+3)



Top 5:
1. Taylor Swift- Look What You Made Me Do
2. Kesha- Praying
3. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay- Something Just Like This
4. Louis Tomlinson/Bebe Rexha/Digital Farm Animals- Back To You
5. DJ Khaled/Rihanna/Bryson Tiller- Wild Thoughts

Bottom 5:
1. Julia Michaels- Uh Uh
2. Sam Hunt- Body Like A Back Road
3. Julia Michaels- Issues
4. Train- Play That Song
5. AJR- Weak

So, like I said, its weird to start in the middle of the year so I will do two things.

1. I will post the weeks I missed in 2017, but they will only Contain Top 20 Reviews, Top 5 and Bottom 5  Songs Of Countdown, And Top 5 Hitbound Songs

2. I will post my top 10 Songs of 2016 so That you can get to know me better in music! And maybe Bottom 5?

Most Missed Song: Kesha- TiK ToK (2010)

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: French Montana/Swae Lee- Unforgettable

Favorite Countdown Song One Year Ago: The Chainsmokers/Halsey- Closer


Songs That Debuted One Year Ago:

Katy Perry- Rise
-Everyone had high hopes for this song, and it turns out it was a flop! Well at least on the Weekend Countdown, just like One Dance. In my opinion, i think its a great song, but not as good as her old work.
The Strumbellas- Spirits
-There is a reason why this is dark red. Cause this is in my top 10 worst songs of 2016 for sure."I got guns in my head and they wont go" just sounds weird and trash. Everything else is just bad in my opinion.
Flume/Kai- Never Be Like You
-I like it, its just that the lyrical content can be better, but overall its a nice song
Major Lazer/ Justin Bieber/MO- Cold Water
-Just Like Spirits, Cold Water is in my top 10 of 2016. I just love Justin Bieber's voice in this song, and Major Lazer does a nice job too. And MO tops it off beautifully. Overall, its a really nice song








6 comments:

  1. First person to comment on your blog!

    Anyway, I'm definitely agree with you on both your Top 5 & Bottom 5 (well, at least with Uh Huh, Play That Song, Weak, and especially Body Like A Back Road). Issues, however, I actually did kinda like unlike most people on here, but right now I'm ready for it to leave.

    *Sees Starving in green*

    Oh, boy. It doesn't look like you're gonna make any friends with Hollow Man, Scott, and a few others on that one.

    Definitely with you on your #1 Recommendation For Hits 1, although I doubt it's gonna happen because Hits 1 doesn't seem to care for hip-hop in general.

    You're not the only one who hates Spirits; it's one of Parker's most hated songs of 2016. I myself (and some others) think the opposite, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spirits was a good song. Not the best of 2016, but good.

      And I'll add your blog to my sidebar!

      Delete
  2. Hi RedDog, nice post. By the way, I'm Chase.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can anyone get to the WC of September 9th? I'm dying to see it so I can make a review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Montavis commented it on Adrian's blog. Go to the link below's comments to find it fully :)

      http://sxmhits1wc.blogspot.com/2017/09/at-40-charlie-puth-2-week-of-september.html

      Delete
  4. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Maty Noyes - Say It to My Face

    ReplyDelete