Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Ed Sheeran (4) - December 2, 2017

Your kidding me! The week just got bad all of a sudden. Anyways, we are now in December! I do have an important thing to say at the end of this post. I don't know what else to say, so here are the exits I guess...


  • Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (#45) [1 Week]
  • Evaride - Heartless (#44)
  • Sabrina Carpenter - Why (#26)
The Countdown:
Last Weeks #1: Imagine Dragons - Thunder (2)

45. Luis Fonsi/Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito (#43)
44. The Script - Rain (#38)
43. Logic/Aleesia Cara/Khalid - Suicide Hotline (#41)
42. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (#42) [9 Weeks]
41. Charlie Puth - Attention (#36) [1 Week]
40. Mono Mind - Save Me A Place (#28) 
39. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#40)
38. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This (#39) [3 Weeks]
37. The Shawdowboxers - Hot Damn (#34)
36. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road (#35)
35. Zedd/Aleesia Cara - Stay (#33) [4 Weeks]
34. Harry Styles - Kiwi (DEBUT)
33. Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato - No Promises (#14)
32. X Ambassadors - Ahead Of Myself (DEBUT)
31. Zayn/Sia - Dusk Till Dawn (#29)
30. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill (#32) [3 Weeks]
29. Nick Jonas - Find You (DEBUT)
28. Linkin Park - One More Light (#24)
27. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (#27) [3 Weeks]
26. Lauv - I Like Me Better (#31)
25. Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do (#17) [...]
24. Liam Payne - Strip That Down (#22) [2 Weeks]
23. Bebe Rexha/Florida George Line - Meant To Be (#30)
22. Dua Lipa - New Rules (#24)
21. Shawn Mendes - Theres Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#28) [5 Weeks] {I Dare You!}
20. Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar (#37) [:)]
19. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#12) [3 Weeks]
18. Niall Horan - Too Much To Ask (#19) [...]
17. Selena Gomez/Marshmello - Wolves (#20)
16. Sam Smith - Too Good At Goodbyes (#21)
15. Hailee Steinfeld/Aleeso/Florida George Line - Let Me Go (#15)
14. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still (#18)
13. Kesha - Praying (#13)
12. Charlie Puth - How Long (#16) [>:(]
11. Macklemore/Skylar Grey - Glorious (#7)
10. Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It? (#9)
9. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry (#6) [1 Week]
8. P!nk - What About Us (#8) [1 Week]
7. Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do (#5)
6. Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft (#11) 
5. Ed Sheeran - Perfect (#3)
4. Halsey - Bad At Love (#2)
3. Imagine Dragons - Thunder (#1) [2 Weeks]
2. Camila Cabello - Havana (#4)
1. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl (#10) [4th STUPID Week] {IM DONE!}

#1 Song One Year Ago: The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (8th And Final Week)

Biggest Drop!: Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato - No Promises (-14)

Biggest Jump!: Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar (+17)


New Entrants:
- So Harry Styles is back with a bad song, again! The problem with him is that he always does the same thing over and over again, and if I don't like his way in direction, then I won't like any of his songs 90% of the time. The only exception is Sign Of The Times, which was really good. Overall, same as Two Ghosts and will probably not be doing that good on the countdown.

- So far, I have only heard three X Ambassador Songs. Renegades, Unsteady, and Ahead Of Myself. Let's review all of them! Renegades is easily the best out of the three, which means it's my favorite X Ambassador song. Ahead Of Myself is next in the line. However, it is nowhere near as good as Renegades. But, at least it's better than that piece of crap yonder. That trash yonder is Unsteady. Yelling, "Hooooooold on to me" in a very bad high pitch voice is not going to make the song a good one. Well, I think you know enough on Ahead Of Myself...

- Finally we have the worst of the three. Again, his voice sucks! In addition, saying, "try" multiple times in a stupid way is not going to give you a good song. Actually, now that I think about it, I didn't really like him in general. I imagined him before as a "Charlie Puth wannabe" and I can agree with that statement now!

Hitbound:


  • Bruno Mars - Chunky
  • P!NK - Beautiful Trauma
  • AJR/Rivers Cuomo - Sober Up (DEBUT)
  • Sofi Tukker - Best Friend
  • Walk The Moon - One Foot
  • Louis Tomlinson - Miss You (DEBUT)
  • Spencer - Whatever (DEBUT)
  • Wolves - Animal
  • Clean Bandit/Julia Michaels - I Miss You
  • Fall Out Boy - Hold Me Tight Or Don't
  • Macklemore/Kesha - Good Old Days
  • Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future - End Game
  • Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes
  • Liam Payne - Bedroom Floor
- F*ck you AJR! Nobody likes you! Your album is trash! Everyone else can say the same! Why do you even still try? I am being serious...

- I don't know what to say about this. Not as good as Back To You, but overall, really solid. 

- I am going to say this bold statement. This kid is Jacob Satorious 2.0, PERIOD. (At least he is better than him, A LITTLE BIT)

- Yes! I decided to reveal my opinion on End Game. I am not going to explain it though.

Top 5:
1. Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future - End Game
2. Macklemore/Kesha - Good Old Days
3. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes
4. Walk The Moon - One Foot
5. P!nk - Beautiful Trama

Thought I Was Ready, Ready For Blurbs:

Exits: All of them I didn't care about. Especially Heartless. That's What I Like stayed too long on the countdown, and Why was fading on me quickly. Heartless was the worst out of the three. If it stayed any longer, it would probably be orange. All three will not be missed!

- In the 40's we have importantly Despacito, Rain, Suicide Hotline, and Save Me A Place. Although I am sad to see half of these here, I would probably see Save Me A Place in pink if it stays for a month in the bottom. Rain is fading on me slowly and I don't see this making a recovery. Despacito should leave right now. The summer is over Hits1! Suicide Hotline I can see making a 10 spot jump in a few weeks. 

- I am surprised that Shape Of You is still on here. At this point, you never hear the song on radio, and of you do, then it reminds of of the beginning of 2017. Wait a minute... Shape Of You has the potential to stay on the countdown for over a year! It's probably going to be 1-2 weeks short like Stressed Out

- My Bottom 5 is staying in the bottom half of the countdown. This is good, except for the fact that any of those songs can make a big jump into the top 20. It is a scary feeling...

- So... this is it. I have a lot to say to Hits1, but ill keep it short. Stop keeping unnecessary songs at #1. The statement, "The 45 biggest hits in North America" is a COMPLETE LIE. All I can see is an Ed Sheeran song that wasn't even that popular in the first place and songs that no one know. Now, you must think that I hate this countdown, but I don't. I realize now that actual people are voting for the #1 song. Not Hits1. The reason why I started this here is because I got triggered by Look What You Made Me Do dropping out of the top 20...

- Entering the top 20 is a underrated song and a song that I forgot about. I am completely fine with this. However, we have a song that jumped to #12 for some reason and another song that jumped to #18. Why these songs though. At least there not completely bad. Entering the top 10 is... oh... Love So Soft. Should have known...

- I want to clarify something that everyone will get triggered by. I heard the new Perfect remix with Beyonce in it. Let me just say something. IT SUCKS. Beyonce literally ruins the whole beautiful song. She just doesn't have the right voice to fit the song and she is singing like she is live or something. If Hits1 picks up on this version, It will be orange for me. I am not even joking. It is that bad.

- Entering the top 5 and hitting #1 is a overrated song. This is going to be like Theres Nothing Holdin' Me Back hitting #1 for too many weeks. Please don't hit #1 again and drop out of the top 10. I would definitely appreciate that. :)


Top 20 Review:

0:Crap
None!

1:Bad
20. Niall Horan - Too Much To Ask

2:Meh
19. Charlie Puth - How Long
18. Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft
17. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl

3:Decent
None!

4:Good
16. P!nk - What About Us
15. Halsey - Bad At Love 

5:Great
14. Imagine Dragons - Believer
13. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still 
12. Camila Cabello - Havana
11. Sam Smith - Too Good At Goodbyes
10. Hailee Steinfeld/Aleeso/Florida George Line - Let Me Go
9. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry
8. Kesha - Praying
7. Macklemore/Skylar Grey - Glorious
6. Ed Sheeran - Perfect
5. Imagine Dragons - Thunder
4. Selena Gomez/Marshmello - Wolves
3. Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar
2. Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It?
1. Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do

Score: 85/100 (B)
Last Week: 89/100 (-4)


Top 5
1. Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do
2. Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do
3. Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It?
4. Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar
5. Selena Gomez/Marshmello - Wolves

Bottom 5
1. The Shawdowboxers - Hot Damn
2. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road
3. Nick Jonas - Find You
4. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low
5. Harry Styles - Kiwi


Throwback Pick: Destiny's Child - Survivor (2001)

Most Missed: Katy Perry/Kanye West - E.T.

#1 Recommendation: Marshmello/Khalid - Silence 

Favorite Song One Year Ago: The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer 

So, now the statement. I have two things to talk about and its up to you to decide. Don't worry, I am not leaving soon... but it is just to improve the posts and for you to understand better. 

1. The first thing I would like to talk about certain songs. Some songs have cut artists (Usually Hip-Hop artists. Wait...not usually, ALWAYS) for certain reasons. So, they usually repeat a section or do something creative. That would be a radio edited song. What should I grade the song by. Radio edit OR my preference. I am currently doing my preference. Here's how it would change. Havana would be blue, Strip That Down would be the same but from the beginning would be blue, and other songs that left would change (Cold=blue, I'm The One=Blue). But, there is also remix's. How does this change? Here is one BIG example. Hymn For The Weeknd. Original=blue, SeeB remix=red. So, which one do you want me to do. Radio Edit OR My Preference. 


2. The second thing I want to talk about is really important. I am thinking about changing my grading system ALOT. I want to add a color (Don't know which color) where it means that the song is amazing. By amazing I mean greater than green songs. These are the songs that stand out and I will never forget. What color should it be? (I'm thinking of dark purple...). But that's not it. It seems like the top 20 Review grading system is rigged. Well, this is for most people. A 5 should mean that I it a really good song, in other words, amazing (you know where I am going?). I might change the system to where only songs that are amazing can only be a "5:Great". I want your opinion on this idea that I have. 

So, thats all. I really want your feedback on my two statements. This just helps me improve my posts and help you understand them better. Everything else is fine for my though. Anyways, Have a nice day!

*FUN FACT ABOUT ME* I hate it when people put up Christmas decorations literally one month before it even started. Please tell me I am not the only one...bye!...


6 comments:

  1. Wow, I did not know you hated the Perfect remix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. About Blurb #2, Suicide Hotline is losing airplay. So I don't think this will recover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean airplay on Hits1? If so, then you might be right...

      Delete
  3. Why was 12/2/17 a bad week on the countdown and why did you have a lot of things to say about Hits 1 On The Blurbs?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete