Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Camila Cabello (1) - December 16, 2017

The year is slowly ending and I can't wait for what 2018 brings us. Also, I have made my decision on my top 45 songs of 2017. Now I just have to write an explanation for all of them which will take a very long time. Anyways, here are the exits this week!

  • Mono Mind - Save Me A Place (#42)
  • The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This (#39) [3 Weeks]
The Countdown:
Last Weeks #1: Halsey - Bad At Love (1)

45. Logic/Aleesia Cara/Khalid - Suicide Hotline (#45)
44. The Script - Rain (#44)
43. Luis Fonsi/Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito (#43)
42. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (#41) [9 Weeks]
41. Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato - No Promises (#37)
40. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#38)
39. Zedd/Aleesia Cara - Stay (#36) [4 Weeks]
38. Symon - Lonely Girl (DEBUT)
37. Linkin Park - One More Light (#27)
36. Charlie Puth - Attention (#40) [1 Week]
35. Harry Styles - Kiwi (#35)
34. Macklemore/Kesha - Good Old Days (DEBUT)
33. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (#33) [3 Weeks]
32. Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do (#34)
31. Nick Jonas - Find You (#28)
30. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill (#31)
29. Liam Payne - Strip That Down (#26) [2 Weeks]
28. X Ambassadors - Ahead Of Myself (#29)
27. The Shawdowboxers - Hot Damn (#21) [:)]
26. Macklemore/Skylar Grey - Glorious (#6)
25. Shawn Mendes - Theres Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#19) [:)]
24. Lauv - I Like Me Better (#32) 
23. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road (#25)
22. Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar (#24)
21. P!nk - What About Us (#8) [1 Week]
20. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still (#15)
19. Dua Lipa - New Rules (#22)
18. Sam Smith - Too Good At Goodbyes (#13)
17. Zayn/Sia - Dusk Till Dawn (#30)
16. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#20) [3 Weeks]
15. Selena Gomez/Marshmello - Wolves (#18)
14. Bebe Rexha/Florida George Line - Meant To Be (#17)
13. Niall Horan - Too Much To Ask (#23) [...]
12. Kesha - Praying (#16)
11. Charlie Puth - How Long (#14) [WHY?]
10. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry (#8) [1 Week]
9. Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do (#11)
8. Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft (#5)
7. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl (#7) [4 Weeks]
6. Hailee Steinfeld/Aleeso/Florida George Line - Let Me Go (#10)
5. Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It? (#12) [:)]
4. Imagine Dragons - Thunder (#4) [2 Weeks]
3. Halsey - Bad At Love (#1) [1 Week]
2. Ed Sheeran - Perfect (#2)
1. Camila Cabello - Havana (#3) [1st Week]

#1 Song One Year Ago: Hailee Steinfeld/Grey/Zedd - Starving (1st Of 4 Weeks)

Biggest Drop: Macklemore/Skylar Grey - Glorious (-20)

Biggest Jump: Zayn/Sia - Dusk Till Dawn (+13)


New Entrants:
- So, I really don't have much to say about this song. This is only decent, because her vocals aren't as good, but they are tolerable. The whole song is supposed to sound sad, and I guess the title suites the whole song, but it just seems under produced. However, I can say that this is better than Say by a margin. I have this feeling that Lonely Girl will jump into the top 20, which I wouldn't mind completely. 

- After that drop from Glorious, Good Old Days has to step in. Although it is in dark purple, it is not as good as Glorious. Yes, that may seem weird, but I mean OVERALL better. The song has a good meaning and Kesha's voice is really good. I hope this song does really good on the countdown. It probably won't do better than Glorious, but I hope it can peak at a reasonable spot. 


Hitbound:


  • AJR/Rivers Cuomo – Sober Up
  • Bruno Mars – Chunky
  • Louis Tomlinson – Miss You
  • Clean Bandit/Julia Michaels – I Miss You
  • All Time Low – Last Young Renegade (DEBUT)
  • Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future – End Game
  • Walk The Moon – One Foot
  • Wolves – Animal
  • Sofi Tukker – Best Friend
  • Liam Payne – Bedroom Floor
  • P!nk – Beautiful Trauma
  • Fall Out Boy – Hold Me Tight Or Don't
  • Spencer – Whatever
  • Imagine Dragons – Whatever It Takes
- So, Hits1 really must like All Time Low. I can say that this is WAY better than Good Times, which I have grown out of and it is better than Missing You. But, it is definitely not amazing. 

- I have SLIGHTLY grown into Miss You, which is why it isn't in orange. But, its still enough to be crap. 

Top 5:
1. Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future - End Game
2. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes
3. Bruno Mars - Chunky
4. Walk The Moon - One Foot
5. P!nk - Beautiful Trama


Good Old Blurbs:

- I think everyone will be sad about at least one of the exits. Save Me A Place was one of those random songs that Hits1 picks up on. Out of all of those songs, Save Me A Place was the best one. Though I will probably forget this song sadly within the next year. Now we move on to the song that everyone really liked. This one will hit me very hard, and it will definitely be missed very much by a lot of people. When I first heard of this collaboration, I thought it would be bad, but look where it is now. It is #5 on the Billboard Hot 100 year end chart and literally everyone in the blogging community loved this song. Something Just Like This, you will be missed. 

- So, this actually looks like the end for Taylor Swift, especially Look What You Made Me Do. I am actually the only person who is still putting Look What You Made Me Do in purple. And surprisingly, I don't consider this one of Taylor Swift's top 10 best songs. It would probably be #11. Who actually still thinks this is the best song on the countdown besides me. I feel lonely... :(

- Luckily, Hot Damn and Theres Nothing Holdin' Me Back dropped. However, Glorious dropped out of the top 20 harshly. I mean, I don't think it has the ability to rebound anymore. Only No Promises can do that non-stop. 

- Our top 20 just seems to get worse. Entering the top 20 is New Rules, and Too Much To Ask. The former I have grown out of a lot, and the latter I have grown into SLIGHTLY like Miss You. Both however I am not happy entered the top 20. 

- Re-entering the top 10 is What Lovers Do. This is going to back and forth and I hope it can stay in the top 15 for a little bit more. I am really enjoying this song, but Look What You Made Me Do is blocking it from being in purple for me. 

- Re-entering the top 10 and top 5 is ...Ready For It?. Although I want to see this hit #1, it would just feel too weird. What I mean is that if ...Ready For It? hit #1, then shouldn't Look What You Made Me Do hit #1? I don't know, but I will be happy if it hits #1. 

- Hitting #1 is a expected song. The reason why it is blue is because I am going to be grading songs by how Hits1 plays them. Which means without Young Thug, Havana will be blue

Sorry for the lack of blurbs. This is out late and nothing really exciting happened. 

Top 20 Review:

0:Crap
None!

1:Bad
20. Niall Horan - Too Much To Ask

2:Meh
19. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl
18. Charlie Puth - How Long
17. Dua Lipa - New Rules
16. Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft

3:Decent
15. Camila Cabello - Havana
14. Bebe Rexha/Florida George Line - Meant To Be

4:Good
13. Halsey - Bad At Love

5:Great
12. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still
11. Zayn/Sia - Dusk Till Dawn
10. Imagine Dragons - Believer
9. Sam Smith - Too Good At Goodbyes
8. Hailee Steinfeld/Aleeso/Florida George Line - Let Me Go
7. Kesha - Praying
6. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry
5. Ed Sheeran - Perfect
4. Imagine Dragons - Thunder
3. Selena Gomez/Marshmello - Wolves
2. Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It?
1. Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do

Score: 79/100 (C+)
Last Week: 83/100 (-4)


Top 5:
1. Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do
2. Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do
3. Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar
4. Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It?
5. Selena Gomez/Marshmello - Wolves

Bottom 5:
1. The Shawdowboxers - Hot Damn
2. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road
3. Harry Styles - Kiwi 
4. Nick Jonas - Find You
5. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low


Throwback Pick: Europe - Final Countdown (1986)

Most Missed: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis/Wanz - Thrift Shop 

#1 Recommendation: G-Eazy/Halsey - Him & I

Favorite Song One Year Ago: The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer








1 comment: