Sunday, December 31, 2017

2017 Year End Post #1: My Bottom 10 Songs Of 2017

Hey! So, this is only the beginning of the year end posts. Now the bad songs were not as bad as a expected. We got pretty bad songs, and some were sadly having success on certain chart. However, I can say that this year was much better compared to 2016. Although 2017 had lots of rap songs, 2016 had horrible pop songs and a kid who can't even sing. Overall, 2017 had a lot less bad songs than 2016. Enough said, here is the list!




RULES: 1. Any song is allowed, as long as it has been on billboard Hot 100 and peaked at least at #50. All Weekend Countdown songs are allowed too. This is so that songs that no one knows isn't on the list. Also I only do 5 Dishonarable Mentions because IDK, I guess its my rule?





Now on to the list!


10. The Revivalists - Wish I Knew You
- To start off everything is a song that is not my taste. The persons voice just sounds plain awful, especially when they say "Wish I Knew You". In addition, the chorus is just so plain and nothing interesting is happening. Also, the saxophone sounds really terrible with this kind of song. I have never heard these guys before I listened to this song. From what I can tell, I don't think I will like any of their music. Let me just say this. The first time I listened to this song, I thought it was country. That says a lot about my liking of this song. Overall, a really bad song and deserves to be in the bottom 10. NEXT!


9. Hey Violet - Guys My Age
- So far, the weekend countdown has had three Hey Violet songs. Guys My Age was up first. It was a flop and I was happy. Now, this song has nothing unique in it. In addition, the chorus is really terrible and the vocals pretty much puts the icing on the top for the reason why this is bad. The next song I here from this group, I will definitely have low hopes for the song, because of this song. NEXT UP!


8. AJR - Weak
- So, lets go back in time and look at what accomplishments AJR has had. A while ago I posted my 1K Pageview Special. That post had another AJR song called I'm Ready. I will say that I'm Ready is MUCH worse than Weak. However, that doesn't make Weak a not so bad song. The repetition gets really annoying and the vocals are really terrible. So far, all the AJR songs that I have heard are all terrible. I have no faith in these guys, and hope that they can figure out a way to make a actual okay song...

7. Charli XCX - After The Afterparty
- So, we have a song that would actually be pretty average if Hits1 kept Lil Yachty. Yup, I actually just said that. Her voice is really bad and the overall production is really bad. I really liked the old Charli XCX, when she made Fancy, and Boom Clap. Now, we have this and Boys, both terrible songs but this one is much worse. Overall, terrible, NEXT!

6. Fifth Harmony/Gucci Mane - Down
- Do I really need to explain this. This is the Fifth Harmony without Camila Cabello. Sadly, Gucci Mane cannot save this song. Honestly, I don't know what else you want about this song. This was also a BIG flop, and I'm glad it was. So far, Hits1 has not picked up on Fifth Harmony song after Camila Cabello left. That says a lot about Hits1...

5. Evaride - Heartless
- Yup...I bet you were expecting this song being on here. Look, sometimes when Hits1 picks up on random songs, they are pretty good. One example is Save Me A Place. That song actually did pretty good on the countdown, peaking at #6. But, you have other random songs, like Heartless, that fortunately flop. This song is very generic for its genre and the instrumentals are not that good. Overall, very happy it flopped, but mad that it debuted the countdown...NEXT!

4. Julia Michaels - Issues
- Okay, I'm expecting this song to be on a lot of peoples bottom lists. Julia Michaels voice literally KILLS this song. The very first time I heard it, I thought to myself, "If only it had a better voice". Everything about that song was really bad, and I really wan't clarify that. Hits1 better not pick up on some more Julia Michaels or they will be hearing from a lot of people I ensure you. Overall, Julia Michaels=TRASH! NEXT!

3. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road
- So, the song that is probably on a lot of peoples bottom 3 most likely. I will be honest, there are two other songs that are barely worse than this. I could've put any of these 3 songs at the #1 place. So, Sam Hunt, don't be happy that you finally saw a list with your song not being the #1 WORST song. Pretty, the whole song is trash and that chorus is TERRIBLE. This actually broke the record for most weeks at #1 on the Billboard Country Chart. That's sad if you ask me, or pretty much anyone else in the world. 

2. Rihanna - Love On The Brain
- My Mom actually likes this song A LOT. So much that she probably would put it in her top 10 of 2017. Me on the other hand would put this either at #3, #2, or #1, as said above in the #3 blurb. This is definitely not the Rihanna we know and love. 2016 and 2017 was not her year. From This is What You Came For to this. Her high pitch voice in this song is just really bad, and the whole song in general in underwhelming and just seems like there was not any effort put into it. I really hope we get the old Rihanna back. I do have hope because of Wild Thoughts so I am waiting...

Before we get to the #1 WORST SONG of 2017 here are some Dishonorable Meantions...


Dishonorable Mention #1: Harry Styles - Two Ghosts
- I thought Harry Styles was going to be a good solo artist after Sign Of The Times, but we got a 80's kind of style for the rest of his songs? That genre is just not my type. Sorry if I pissed anyone off there...

Dishonorable Mention #2: Rae Sremmurd - Swang
- I liked Black Beatles a lot, but there follow-up was pretty bad. There high pitch voice is just... WHY? Other than that, everything is pretty bad if you ask me. Well done... well done...

Dishonorable Mention #3: The Shawdowboxers - Hot Damn
- This would have made it on the list if it came out earlier. I told you guys, just like Heartless, bringing out random songs are really bad for the countdown. "The 45 Biggest Hits In North America" is a complete LIE. 

Dishonorable Mention #4: Hey Voliet - Break My Heart
- Yup, there back. yelling "Break My Heart" is really not that good and is not going to make the song better or even decent. Everything else is really bland and not interesting...

Dishonorable Mention #5: Childish Gambino - Redbone
- I have one word for this song. CREEPY! You can also put Mysterious (In a bad way), Weird (In a bad way), are anything that you would describe an alien. Seriously, this song is just all of the place in a very bad place. And after listening to this song several times, you realize that its not any of those adjectives that you would you to describe an alien. It is just boring...

Are you ready for the #1 WORST SONG of 2017? Some of you probably already figured it out after #2, but some may have figured it out from the start. Here it is...



















1. Julia Michaels - Uh Huh
- Come to think of it, who actually thought that this was going to be a good song. Especially when you have a girl moaning "UH HUH" several times and each time it gets more moaningful, if thats even a word. Yeah Julia Michaels, we get what your trying to say. We all knew what it about when we saw the title itself. I actually think that Hits1 was drunk when they chose this to be on Hitbound. Who ACTUALLY thought that this would be the better choice than some other popular and good songs. I really want to forget this song in the future, but when a song is the worst song of the year, you know you will remember the song for a VERY long time sadly. I honestly hope that Julia Michaels doesn't release anymore solo music. We all saw how good Issues did, and we are thankful that Uh Huh didn't do the same thing...


So that is about it. Stay tuned for the next Year End post, Hitbound Dropouts and #1's of 2017. See ya next time!


DHM #1: Harry Styles - Two Ghosts
DHM #2: Rae Sremmurd - Swang
DHM #3: The Shawdowboxers - Hot Damn
DHM #4: Hey Violet - Break My Heart
DHM #5: Childish Gambino - Redbone
10. The Revivalists - Wish I Knew You
9. Hey Violet - Guys My Age
8. AJR - Weak
7. Charli XCX - After The Afterparty
6. Fifth Harmony/Gucci Mane - Down
5. Evaride - Heartless
4. Julia Michaels - Issues
3. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road
2. Rihanna - Love On The Brain
1. Julia Michaels - Uh Huh






1 comment: