Sunday, October 1, 2017

Liam Payne (1) - September 30, 2017

Hey Guys! Honestly, This wasn't that good. I thought that the countdown was going to be bad over a long time, but I was wrong for sure! Anyways, here are the exits...


  • Fall Out Boy - Champion (#45)
  • The Chainsmokers - Honest (#44)
  • Linkin Park/Kiiara - Heavy (#41)
The Countdown:

Last Weeks #1: Niall Horan - Slow Hands (3)

45. Hailee Steinfeld - Most Girls (#42)
44. Bruno Mars - That's What I Like (#40) [1 Week at #1]
43. Hey Violet - Hoodie (#35)
42. All Time Low - Good Times (#43)
41. Lady Gaga - The Cure (#39)
40. Kygo/Selena Gomez - It Ain't Me (#37)
39. MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low (#33)
38. Sabrina Carpenter - Why (DEBUT)
37. Andy Grammer - Give Love (#21)
36. Justin Bieber/BloodPop - Friends (#31)
35. Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (#36) [9 Weeks at #1]
34. Zedd/Liam Payne - Get Low (#29)
33. Linkin Park - One More Light (#24)
32. Bruno Mars - Versace On The Floor (#27)
31. Harry Styles - Two Ghosts (#38)
30. Selena Gomez - Fetish (DEBUT)
29. Louis Tomlinson/Bebe Rexha/Digital Farm Animals - Back To You (#26)
28. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road (#19)
27. Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato - No Promises (#16) [...]
26. Panic! At The Disco - L.A. Devotee (#30)
25. Logic/Aleesia Cara/Khalid - 1-800-273-8255 (DEBUT)
24. Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill (#25) [3 Weeks at #1]
23. Charlie Puth - Attention (#18) [1 Week at #1]
22. Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do (#13) [...]
21. Zedd/Aleesia Cara - Stay (#10) [4 Weeks at #1] {...}
20. The Revivalists - Wish I Knew You (#28) [...]
19. Luis Fonsi/Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito (#20)
18. Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft (#32) [...]
17. All-American Rejects - Sweat (#34) [...]
16. Sam Smith - Too Good At Goodbyes (#22)
15. Halsey - Bad At Love (#22)
14. Imagine Dragons - Believer (#6) [3 Weeks at #1]
13. Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do (#9) [...]
12. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still (#17)
11. Macklemore/Skylar Grey - Glorious (#14)
10. Kesha - Praying (#5)
9. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This (#8) [3 Weeks at #1]
8. P!nk - What About Us (#11)
7. Mono Mind - Save Me A Place (#12)
6. Imagine Dragons - Thunder (#15)
5. Shawn Mendes - Theres Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#2) [5 Weeks at #1]
4. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry (#3)
3. Niall Horan - Slow Hands (#1) [3 Weeks at #1]
2. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl (#4)
1. Liam Payne - Strip That Down (#7) [1st Week at #1]

#1 Song One Year Ago: The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer (1st Of 8 Weeks at #1)

Biggest Drop: Andy Grammer - Give Love (-16)

Biggest Jump: All-American Rejects - Sweat (+17)

Entrants:

-Why is pretty good. However, I have grown out of this song a little bit. Don't be surprised if it becomes blue...

-One of the most underrated songs in the blogging community debuts the countdown at #30. In my opinion, this is definitely not Selena's best song, but it's still a good one. I like the song without Gucci Mane, because he pretty much would put the song at blue. Overall, a really good song.

-I was waiting for this song to come. The reason why I like this song so much is because of the meaning, NOT the lyrics. People can definitely relate and Logic expresses that really well. Aleesia Cara and Khalid do a nice job too. With promoting a song for a good cause, comes Bad causes. People call the number because they think it's funny. ITS NOT! Please do not call the phone number, unless you actually have to. Anyways, the song keeps on growing on me.

Hitbound:


  • The Script - Rain
  • Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It?
  • Fergie/Nicki Minaj - You Already Know
  • Zayn/Sia - Dusk Till Dawn
  • Why Dont We - Something Different
  • Camila Cabello - Havana (DEBUT)
  • PrettyMuch - Would You Mind
  • Evaride - Heartless
  • Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar (DEBUT) [dont kill me...]
  • Bebe Rexha/Florida George Line - Meant To Be (DEBUT)
  • Dua Lipa - New Rules
  • Niall Horan - Too Much To Ask
  • Ed Sheeran - Perfect
  • Lauv - I Like Me Better

-Camila Cabello is back with Havana. This is definitely not as good as Bad Things, but it is still good.

-Let me explain... My school plays a ton of rap music, which means that I have grown into the genre. This explains it being purple...

-Meant To Be sounds like a Florida George Line song, not a Bebe Rexha song......

Top 5:
1. Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar
2. Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It?
3. Lauv - I Like Me Better
4. Bebe Rexha/Florida George Line - Meant To Be
5. Zayn/Sia - Dusk Till Dawn

I don't wanna blurb, I don't wanna blurb anymore (Not a sign that I'm leaving...)

- Our exits weren't that interesting. I'm kinda glad that Champion left. Honest was a flop. Will The Chainsmokers have another hit? Of course! They had more than 3 hits. Their not like Luis Fonsi, who is never going to get another hit, and will stay as a one hit wonder. Heavy left, which I am sad about. It has a weird run on the countdown. When you thought it was done, it got the biggest jump into The top 10! You will be missed Heavy...

- I am happy with Give Love having the biggest drop! And even more happy with Sam Hunt out of the top 20!

-So lets now talk the top 20...

-Love So Soft, Wish I Knew You, AND Sweat all entered the top 20...while What Lovers Do, No Promises, AND Stay left the top 20... This is just messed up...

-Taylor Swift is back to her debut spot...nice.

-So, we have a new and better top 2! Although I would reorder the top 5 to look like this
1. Sorry Not Sorry
2. Strip That Down
3. Galway Girl
4. Slow Hands
5. Theres Nothing Holdin' Me Back

-To conclude the countdown overall, everything that happened was bad EXCEPT for the #1 song, and biggest drop. I think a lot of people will agree that this was a really bad countdown...

Top 20 Review:

0:Crap
None!

1:Bad
20. All-American Rejects - Sweat
19. The Revivalists - Wish I Knew You
18. Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft

2:Meh
None!

3:Decent
17. Shawn Mendes - Theres Nothing Holdin' Me Back
16. Niall Horan - Slow Hands

4:Good
15. Halsey - Bad At Love
14. Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl
13. P!nk - What About Us

5:Great
12. Macklemore/Skylar Grey - Glorious
11. Luis Fonsi/Daddy Yankee/Justin Bieber - Despacito
10. Liam Payne - Strip That Down
9. Imagine Dragons - Believer
8. Imagine Dragons - Thunder
7. Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still
6. Sam Smith - Too Good At Goodbyes
5. Mono Mind - Save Me A Place
4. Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry
3. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This
2. Kesha - Praying
1. Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do

Score: 81/100 (B-)
Last Week: 89/100 (-8)

Top 5:
1. Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do
2. Maroon 5/SZA - What Lovers Do
3. Kesha - Praying
4. Logic/Aleesia Cara/Khalid - 1-800-273-8255
5. The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This

Bottom 5:
1. Sam Hunt - Body Like A Back Road
2. All-American Rejects - Sweat
3. The Revivalists - Wish I Knew You
4. Andy Grammer - Give Love
5. Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft

Throwback Pick: Guns N' Roses - November Rain (1991)

Most Missed Song: Post Malone - White Iverson

#1 Recommendation For Hits 1: Def Loaf - No Fear

Favorite Song One Year Ago: The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer

bye...

7 comments:

  1. No worries, I won't kill you over that purple. I can see why some would like it. I respect your opinions. To each their own.

    I'm definitely with you on that recommendation, although I kinda doubt Hits 1 will pick it up, but you never know. We'll see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Montavis! Me, and Sasha are the only people who like Rockstar...

      I think that they might pick it, since its not rap :P

      Delete
  2. I can understand how you would like Rockstar. But I definitely agree with you on Havana and Meant to Be. As for the former, don’t credit Young Thug, Hits 1 cut him out.

    As for Champion, you wrote “Fall Out - Champion,” when it should be “Fall Out Boy - Champion.”

    I was jumping up and down and praying Strip That Down wouldn’t be #1. If you knew me well, you would know I think this was the worst week of the year. Not only that, but Rockstar debuted HitBound, and Why and Fetish debuted.

    I think that is all I need to say. Don’t forget to check out the results #45-41 at 5:00 pm EST for the 2015 rankdown!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They took him out? Well I understand since they took out Quavo in Strip That Down

      fixed

      after it dropped to #7, I thought Galway Girl was going to hit #1, but I was wrong...

      I will definitely check it out!

      Delete
    2. Sorry RedDog, . had to delay it to Monday.

      Delete
  3. People play hip-hop music a lot at my school too, that's why I used to like rockstar. I don't really now, but I could grow back into it if it debuts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You’re almost at 1K Pageviews. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete