Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Imagine Dragons (3) - January 6, 2018 + Something New!

I hope everyone had a good New Year! This is the first countdown of 2018 and so far, not bad. Nice stuff happened. Here are the exits for the first countdown of 2018!


  • Linkin Park – One More Light (#33)
  • Nick Jonas – Find You (#36)

The Countdown:
Last Weeks #1: Halsey - Bad At Love (2)

45. MAX/Gnash – Lights Down Low (#45)
44. Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You (#41) [9 Weeks]
43. Charlie Puth – Attention (#40) [1 Week]
42. Taylor Swift – Look What You Made Me Do (#37)
41. Harry Styles – Kiwi (#43)
40. Macklemore/Skylar Grey – Glorious (#44)
39. Symon – Lonely Girl (#35)
38. Cheat Codes/Demi Lovato – No Promises (#42)
37. Louis Tomlinson – Miss You (#31)
36. Zedd/Alessia Cara – Stay (#39) [4 Weeks]
35. Niall Horan – Slow Hands (#38) [3 Weeks]
34. Taylor Swift/Ed Sheeran/Future – End Game (DEBUT)
33. Fall Out Boy – Hold Me Tight Or Don't (DEBUT)
32. Liam Payne – Strip That Down (#25) [2 Weeks]
31. P!nk – What About Us (#30) [1 Week]
30. The Shadowboxers – Hot Damn (#27)
29. Shawn Mendes – There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back (#29) [5 Weeks]
28. Demi Lovato – Sorry Not Sorry (#28) [1 Week]
27. Ed Sheeran – Castle On The Hill (#24) [3 Weeks]
26. Kesha – Praying (#11)
25. Liam Payne – Bedroom Floor (#34)
24. Portugal. The Man – Feel It Still (#26)
23. Lauv – I Like Me Better (#21)
22. Taylor Swift – ...Ready For It? (#7)
21. Zayn/Sia – Dusk Till Dawn (#10)
20. X Ambassaors – Ahead Of Myself (#18)
19. Eminem/Ed Sheeran – River (#32)
18. Walk The Moon – One Foot (#20)
17. Bebe Rexha/Florida Georgia Line – Meant To Be (#13)
16. Imagine Dragons – Believer (#22)
15. Niall Horan – Too Much To Ask (#14)
14. Macklemore/Kesha – Good Old Days (#19)
13. Sam Smith – Too Good At Goodbyes (#16)
12. Dua Lipa – New Rules (#23)
11. Ed Sheeran – Galway Girl (#12) [4 Weeks]
10. Selena Gomez/Marshmello – Wolves (#15)
9. Kelly Clarkson – Love So Soft (#9)
8. Post Malone/21 Savage – Rockstar (#17) [yup...]
7. Charlie Puth – How Long (#8)
6. Maroon 5/SZA – What Lovers Do (#5)
5. Hailee Steinfeld/Alesso/Florida Georgia Line – Let Me Go (#6)
4. Camila Cabello – Havana (#3) [1 Week]
3. Ed Sheeran – Perfect (#2) [1 Week]
2. Halsey – Bad At Love (#1) [2 Weeks]
1. Imagine Dragons – Thunder (#4) [3rd Week]

#1 Song One Year Ago: Maroon 5/Kendrick Lamar - Don't Wanna Know (1)

Biggest Drop: (TIE) Kesha - Praying AND Taylor Swift - ...Ready For It? (-15)

Biggest Jump: Eminem/Ed Sheeran - River (+13)

Entrants:

Right now, we have 6 SONGS with Ed Sheeran in it. God Damn it Hits1. Yes, we know you love him, but please do not brig anymore. 

- So, is it weird that I have all three Taylor Swift songs in my top 5? I am not surprised. I have been waiting on this song to debut as soon as it appeared on Hit-Bound. Taylor does a nice job with the chorus, and Future and Ed Sheeran provide some good vocals in their verses. Overall, for the only song on the reputation album to have a collaboration, it is the 2nd best song on the album, and you know what is the 1st ;)

- I used to think this was decent, but I'm starting to like it now. The only problem I have is the I guess the drop? (The one with "Oh na na"). These guys are not dominating like they were before. These guys are just not the same. Their last amazing song I heard was Irresistible and that had Demi Lovato. Overall, its a grower, but I can't see this in dark purple. 


Hit-Bound:

  • Spencer – Whatever
  • AJR/Rivers Cuomo – Sober Up
  • Sofi Tukker/NERVO – Best Friend
  • Bruno Mars/Cardi B – Finesse (DEBUT)
  • Wolves – Animal
  • Imagine Dragons – Whatever It Takes
  • Maroon 5 – Wait (DEBUT)
  • NF – Let You Down
  • Justin Timberlake – Filthy (DEBUT)
  • Camila Cabello – Never Be The Same
  • P!nk – Beautiful Trauma
  • Clean Bandit/Julia Michaels – I Miss You
  • All Time Low – Last Young Renegade
  • Alan Walker/Noah Cyrus/Digital Farm Animals – All Falls Down
  • [Exit]: G-Eazy/Halsey - Him & I

- This may sound weird, but Cardi B didn't sing enough. I know I know,, but I really like Cardi B contribute to this song. Bruno was fine, but sometimes, I felt like Cardi B could be singing that verse instead of him. I don't know. 

- VERY MEDIOCRE. This is why Maroon 5 should be making collaborated songs, intead of only themselves. Near the end it starts to get very bland. Overall, not the Maroon 5 I know...

- When I first heard this song, I didn't know what was happening. After a few more listens, I guess I get the song now? I can predict that this will be a grower for me. Also, he is probably going to preform this at the Super Bowl Halftime Show. Lets Go New England Patriots! (Sorry pretty much everyone looking at this post [p.s. Not a Band Wagon...])

Top 5:
1. NF - Let You Down
2. Alan Walker/Noah Cyrus/Digital Farm Animals - All Falls Down
3. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes
4. Bruno Mars/Cardi B - Finesse 
5. Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same


I Wanna Be You Blurb Game, Blurb Game!

Exits: One More Light was more of a tribute, which is fine, since this song was good. All I have to say is R.I.P Chester Bennington.

- Imagine Dragons hitting #1 does not surprise me a lot. I was expecting this to get the same number of weeks as Believer. I am slightly growing out of this song, but its probably going to head in the path of Believer currently. 

- So, Rockstar decided to hit the top 10. Everyone but me and some other people are horrified by this. Me? I'm growing in the song so much it is in purple. I'm sorry, but I really like Post Malone's vocals and the production is really nice. So far, this is the only 2017 debuted rap song to hit the top 10. That is nice, but I would've preferred I'm The One and Wild Thoughts. 

-  You know what? Lets give some consideration to What Lovers Do. I feel so bad since Look What You Made Me Do blocked its path to be in purple for and now Rockstar is replacing Look What You Made Me Do. This song is really good, so expect to be in the top 20 of 2017, which by the way, is coming VERY soon. I'm trying to complete this to move on to Year-End stuff.

Sorry the Lack and I mean a lot of LACK of blurbs, I want explain a new additon to each countdown post


So, I want to countdown the whole countdown each countdown. #1 is the best song on the countdown and #45 is the worst. Think of this as a personal chart. The songs will have peaks and some will hit #1 (#1 as in my favorite song on the countdown). This will affect their position in the top 45 songs in 2018. The color code is the same as the Color Code (Reviews). Here is the first one of 2018


1. Rockstar [1st Week #1]
2. What Lovers Do
3. Look What You Made Me Do [18 Weeks #1(2017)]
4. End Game*
5. ...Ready For It?
6. Wolves
7. Perfect
8. River*
9. Sorry Not Sorry
10. Praying [3 Weeks #1(2017)]
11. Let Me Go
12. Good Old Days*
13. Thunder
14. Shape Of You [4 Weeks #1(2017)]
15. Stay [1 Week #1(2017)]
16. Glorious
17. Too Good At Goodbyes
18. No Promises
19. Believer
20. One Foot*
21. Hold Me Tight Or Don't*
22. Ahead Of Myself*
23. Dusk Till Dawn
24. Bad At Love
25. What About Us
26. Havana
27. Lonely Girl*
28. Miss You*
29. Bedroom Floor*
30. Meant To Be
31. Strip That Down
32. Castle On The Hill
33. Feel it Still
34. Slow Hands
35. I Like Me Better
36. New Rules
37. Attention
38. Galway Girl
39. Lights Down Low
40. Love So Soft
41. Too Much To Ask
42. Theres Nothing Holdin' Me Back
43. Kiwi*
44. How Long
45. Hot Damn [8th Week #45]

*Eligible for top 45 songs of 2018. These will be recorded with new peaks

Top 20 Review Score: 77/100 (C)






Bye Guys!




3 comments:

  1. Crap I didn't even notice this was out. Great post and I love your idea of counting down the countdown but in your way at the end of the post.

    ReplyDelete